Thread: Question

Default Question

I been debating if i should my tongue gauged or not.. So I'm asking you guys lol. yay or nay, or am I just trying to do to much??

Gauge is the size of the jewelry.. You want to stretch it.. Id say go for it if you want it. But i think it would suck after awhile to have a hole in your tongue after you take the piercing out
    Have : Septum and Nipples
    Want : Apadravya, Vertical Labret, 4mm Lobes, and Eyebrow
    Tattoos : Chest piece, Inner lip, Wings on legs. Circle on back of knee, Rose inside of a spider web on elbow
    Happening Soon : "Regret Will Be Your Bride" On my stomach under my belly button. Maybe a phoenix.
    Want : Wings done on back to cover up 90% of my back.
    Drawing : Drawing up rough drafts for my sleeve
    Possible : Nipples
    Had : Tongue, Right side of lip, Anti eyebrow

Why would we care? If you can't make that decision on your own then you probably shouldn't do it

Stretch it by all means. You don't gauge piercings.

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

It still gets me how testy this forums become...

Stretch your Tongue by all means. As long as your not aiming for massive sizes your Tongue will return quite quickly to its original state. I wouldn't recommend using Tapers, its very sore and more likely to cause problems and scaring. Go up a size when your Tongue is ready and don't force it.

A Tongue piercing no matter how well placed can cause problems within your mouth with regards to your Jaw, Teeth and Gums. So if you increase the size you are only going to increase the chances of damage to the delicate tissues around the Teeth and the Enamel which protects them.

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."

lol I just learned something today. I always thought Gauging was another word for stretching haha. but yeah, just looking for a second opinion. But I am going to look more into it before i do it though. thanks for the info

I might stretch mine a little. It's 1.6 at the moment. I don't want a huge hole to be filled with a plug, but maybe less cheese wire effect.
    old piercings :( 5mm (4ga) lobes (pierced at 4mm/6ga), tongue (1.6mm/14ga)

Personally, I love the look of stretched piercings. I've had my tongue piercing about two and a half years now, it's at 1.6mm. But, I can't imagine anything more annoying for a piercing than a stretched tongue. I find it irritating sometimes at 1.6mm, especially if I have a sore throat or cold. It's totally up to you, as long as you don't go to a very large size it will shrink and tongues are quick healers. But personally I think it would just feel like a pain in the ass. I've already chipped my teeth and I don't even play with my tongue bar so stretching up would just increase that risk.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog