Thread: Swollen Snug (pic included)

Default Swollen Snug (pic included)

So I've had my snug piercing since the end of January and I'm slightly worried with its healing progress.

To get it pierced was pretty simple, 30 (they decided to use the numbing spray) so I recieved no pain whatsoever and Hey Presto!

The thing is, I can't help sleeping on the same side of my snug piercing but it doesn't hurt; Its just still quite swollen :/

Just wondering if thats normal-looking for a 4-month-old snug?

Thankyou .

Ouch that looks awefully swollen, have you knocked it?? If it gets any worse id go to your piercer, but for the time being 2 sss a day and maybe some camomile compresses to help ease it, also try taking ibruprofen xx
    Got:
    7mm Conch Punch
    Left nostril
    Stretched lobes 25mm
    VCH
    Helix
    L&R Outer Conches
    Dermal Anchor
    Medusa
    Septum

Retired:
    1x helix
    2 x second lobes
    Navel
    Tongue
    Frowny
    Smiley

Want:
    conch punch

Tattoo's x 6

I concur the ibruprofen. That looks painfully swollen. :(
    Ears;
    Tragus (l), Double Helix (l), Rook (r), Conch to conch Industrial (r), Daith (l), Snug (l) lobes (l@2.4mm r@0mm).
    Body;
    Navel.(2mm)
    Hoping for;
    Septum, snug (L), antitragus (R), more lobes, forward helix(L), horizontal industrial (hopefully, R). Double tongue, Inverse navel, collarbone MD's, 6mm/8mm lobes, horizontal nipples, VCH/Triangle
    (if i ever get brave enough.)

Retired;
    Lobes (l&r) second time up.

ouch, yes do the above. try some arnica tablets too.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

To be honest, Its hardly an pain at all. I'll try sleeping on that side less and the sss.
    As I'm not in pain would it be unecessary to take the ibuprofen or do you think it would make a difference?

Ibuprofen will help with the swelling, it can act as an anti inflammatory as well as a painkiller. Just make sure you're able to take them.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeahh Ill start now
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Clough94 View Post
    To be honest, Its hardly an pain at all. I'll try sleeping on that side less and the sss.
    As I'm not in pain would it be unecessary to take the ibuprofen or do you think it would make a difference?
    You need to get the swelling down even if it doesn't hurt as it will be placing al ot of pressure on the piercing and restricting your healing time as the blood flow won't be able to get there as easily.

You have to stop sleeping on it at night - your head is the heaviest part of your body and the pressure from it will set back your healing time and cause problems like this and things like hyerptrophic scarring. Try sleeping on a rolled up towel with your ear in the hole or by cupping your ear in your hand. Snug piercings are probably the trickiest ear piercing to heal due to their position and usually take a good 12-18 months to be fully healed!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Ok ill definitely stay off that side then
    thanks very much.