Thread: fitting 3.2mm silicone eyelet

Default fitting 3.2mm silicone eyelet

my lobe is up to 3mm and has been for a few weeks now. due to a interview for a job i wish to fit a clear eyelet. i have recieved the eyelet and tbh can't see how i can squish it down enough to slide it through (it's very small and fiddly).
    i was thinking if i placed a 3mm taper through the eyelet and slide both the taper and eyelet through the hole together. hopefully this would help the eyelet slide through and i could prevent it from coming out with the taper.

what do you guys think? is this a possible way to go or is there another way?
    retired piercings - 2 x left lobes, left upper ear cartilage and right eyebrow

current piercings - 3mm left lobe, 1.6mm tongue

ink - heaven and hell sleeve

Do you have any 3mm no flare tunnels? If you do, squish the end of the silicone eyelet into the tube, put that through then hold the silicone eyelet in. They are fiddly though. Use lots of lube and try and fold it in half the best you can, and see if it'll pop through.

It'll be more noticeable than a plug though...so if you want to hide it, I wouldn't suggest one! Clearskins tend to make your stretches look a bit larger than they actually are, most people get them to show off rather than hide, heh. I'd perhaps go for flesh-coloured silicone, or pink/white glass...or rose quartz can be very effective if you want to be subtle. Any plugs will look like normal earrings to most people though - my ears are at 12.7mm and most people assume they're just big button-style earrings.

Tweezers can help keep the earskin folded (being careful not to damage the eyelet or yourself), also tucking the earskin into the end of a concave/threaded taper can help.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

firstly thank you insideout for answering my other thread regarding how to open this page. unfortunately I set up another thread so please ignore that one.
    main reason I wanted a clear eyelet was to get rid of any noticeable piercing in my ear. this is the reason I have opted for an eyelet instead of a plug.
    i still have sometime before the interview so will test out the eyelet. if it fails i'll look into another solution or failing that just leave it out. should only be out for about 7-8 hours and i would have had the 3mm in there for about 7 weeks or so by then so pretty sure it won't close up too much...although only time will tell on that.

ninjagirl, thank you for the suggestion of the tweezers. i'll give that a try now along with tucking it into the concave of the taper.

it will be less obvious without the earskin in, it will just look like a normal piercing that you have worn heavy earrings in for a while

i popped the eyelet in yesterday and your right bekki2308, it does stand out more. as the test day is only 7 hours or so im just going to leave it out all day. should be fine and i doubt it will be any harder to pop the 3.2mm barbell I have back in.
    thanks all for the replies though with regards to fitting it in. doesn't matter now but the method of squeezing it into the concave of the taper worked perfect.