Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The ladies eco warrior thread :)

Default The ladies eco warrior thread :)

So after lots of posts clogging up the pill rant thread i decided to make a lame titled thread as i couldnt think of anything creative.

So basically women use 10-17k sanitary items in their lifetime , and thats a lot if you think of all the women in the western world. Why be that average woman ? According to google (iffy source) there are approx 60 million people in the UK, so around 30 million women if only 2/3 of them are of the right age then thats one hell of a lot of smelly things in landfil ........ ewwwww

Disposable products can cause irritation, are link with TSS, dont readily biodegrade (some items never do) and have limited capacity.

Menstrual cups can hold 2-3x as much as as super tampon , so that could mean only emptying it morning and night and not having to think in between, now thats fab another benefit of a cup is that no\matter what your flow you only need one cup Cups start from as little as 12 and can last up to 15 years. These can be used while swimming. example of cups

Washable pads offer a cool alternative if your not a fan of tampons/dont fancy a cup. As they are usually made from 100% cotton and contain no nasty absorbant gels they are great for sensitive skin. Once used soak them in a bucket for a while, throw in the washer and then dry .... simple. You can get washable liners too, these dry super fast and you can literally wash them in the bathroom sink with cold water. Prices start from as little as 2 each including shipping and if looked after i cant see a reason why they shouldnt last a long time. example of a pad and a liner

Sea sponges which are a nice natural tampon alternative. I read somewhere that when they are harvested the harvesting causes the sponges that are left to breed (is that the right term?) so they are a good renewable source and can last up to a year. Prices of these start at around 8. I have no experience of these but they have been sold as tampon alternatives for years and years.

Not exclusive to females but I found some cool washable cleansing pads. These are basically round bits of fleece to replace cotton wool. I haven't tried these out yet but I got 10 with a little bag for about 2-3 which is quite good when they could last forever and a bag of cotton wool pads lasts me a month.

Just thought id share the love. A few simple and possible perfect solutions that are easy and eco friendly

website selling fem products with free postage and ebay is good too mammamoomy store for the cleansing pads and

pieces of sungreen store is good for washables. I own 14 of April's liners and they are fantastic, lovely and soft and nice and thin too perfect for cup back up use or everyday wear

Any questions just ask the more the better

Ive made a BJS group too so ill invite any members who show interest.

10% discount at feminine wear use code 'facebook'
    Last edited by bekki2308; 06-20-2010 at 10:56 PM.

Ooh, the cleansing pad things are a good idea too - I get through loads of cotton wool pads.

I am a cup-convert after one use, haha. So much easier than I thought it'd be. Although I'm not particularly looking forward to emptying it after a night...but still, tbh, it's not really any more gross than tampons.

Waiting for an easily-grossed out guy to stumble in here now... ;D I've already spent the evening making my boyfriend uncomfortable. Haha.

First few runs are interesting to say the least but it gets super easy once you figure out the best folding method and the best position for insertion and removal Glad you like it. Not eco friendly but tesco do a baby bottle sterilising solution for about 80p that you dilute and its perfect for the end of the month and it makes the cup look new again.

Yey a convert i took my new purple cup out to show my OH lmao here it is purple cup

Ive converted my aunt too hooray and i didnt think i could brainwash people.

and agreed i dont see it as any more disgusting than tampons . and i glad to get rid of them as i always found removal painful:S

Once if used the cleansing pads ill post about how easy they are to wash and dry etc, but as they are only fleece they should dry really fast
    Last edited by bekki2308; 05-05-2010 at 11:25 PM.

I'm planning on ordering a cup when I get me some money. It seems well practical.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I love this! I have a cup on order and some pad things. Can I join the group? Can I?? Can I?!
    Brainiest Forum Member 2010

Tiggerlou

• Tattoos - 12 in all, plans for many more
    • Piercings - double nape, right nipple, navel
    • Planned - VCH redone (at least), another corset
    • Retired - wrist surface piercing (right), VCH, nipple (left), and navel
    • Experienced - 10 ring corset (gorgeous!)

i've been considering getting a mooncup recently, one question for you ladies though, do they leak often? as in, if they are put in in the wrong position or something? or is that really difficult to do?
    there is a light that never goes out.

Mine has never leaked, it forms a seal so its rare for them to leak unless you're very heavy I guess! I've been using mine on and off for a few years now. Am considering a sponge though because the cup doesn't always seem to sit right for me. I've noticed too if I've drank a fair bit (any drinks not just alcohol) that when I go to pee I don't seem to empty my bladder fully when I'm wearing the cup. However I'm sure this is down having a small cystocele from when I gave birth. Will let you know how I get on with the sponge if I try it although the disposable pads look fab!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by __natalie__ View Post
    i've been considering getting a mooncup recently, one question for you ladies though, do they leak often? as in, if they are put in in the wrong position or something? or is that really difficult to do?
    mine did my first month, but not since . hope this helps.

My period is shorter when using the cup and ive not had spillage mess problems even when its been quite full.

Quote Originally Posted by MuseChick View Post
    I was using a mooncup for a while but I have had some issues with leakage...don't know whether it's because I was letting it get too full or what...but it's amazing for night time use and also if you think you're due on but don't want to put a tampon in when you're not bleeding, because I think that's not the best thing to do apparently. What I did find with cup use was less cramps. I suffer from CRIPPLING stomach cramps every month but when I wear the cup straight away, they aren't nearly as bad. Downside is that my period seems to last longer with cup use o.O

I've found that when i'm on quite heavy, doing a bow-legged waddle across the bathroom to the sink to wash the cup isn't practical at all! And I usually end up getting in a right mess =/ So i've ordered some Instead Cups, which you can reuse a couple of times if you want but they are disposable as well. Will let you know how I get on!
    ive read somewhere about some people having two reusable cups, remove one, put the other in then clean the one youve just taken out. Let me know how the instead cups work they sound good if i were going on long car journey and wouldnt get any privacy

I have a mooncup and errm a lady cup, I have when it ever comes around a heavy flow and the mooncup did leak, the lady cup hasn't though plus it's PINK! lol
    Sophie

Piercings
    Lobes x3, Left Helix, Right Helix x2, Double Nostrils, Right Rook, Left Nipple, Left Conch, VCH, Tongue

Ink
    Pink Gerbera, Orange Gerbera, Storm Cat

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast