Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Everyone draw Mohammed Day (May 20th)

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

I honestly can't see what's a good thing with that. Nobody will wait a whole year not insulting a religion they for some reason hate and then do it that day. Nobody would tolerate that anyway.
    We really need to get sarcasm emoticomsn of course noones going to wait and entire year to insult a religion and thats a good tihng. I dont like the way "religion" is trying to put itself above various laws at the moment. Im not feeling the love for it right now.
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

There's no law against and no punishment for drawing Muhammed, Jesus and Mary having a f*cking threesome if you wanted to, you'd just be being a bit bloody immature to do it.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Does none remember the Jeuss fucking Christ tattoo on BME a few years ago??? No one accussed that guy of being immature, it was just "funny."
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

A lot of people accused it of being highly disrespectful, despite the fact they weren't religious.

Also there is no moral injunction in Christianity against drawing Jesus. Most sunni Muslims see drawing Mohammed as wrong because it encourages idolatry.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

And yet the more extreme would call death on someone who doesn't even practice their religion. That's undeniably disgusting.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    And yet the more extreme would call death on someone who doesn't even practice their religion. That's undeniably disgusting.
    It's also in the bible. Revelations is basically a crazy acid trip about how this specific group of christians is more leet than everyone else and so they should kill everyone else.

I still don't see how one person behaving badly warrants a retaliation.

With the teenagers in college we don't stand for it. Swearing at someone is still swearing at someone even if they've made a facebook group about you and are being douches about it. Yeah the facebook group is worse than the swearing and the discipline would be appropriately weighted. You still don't get away with the swearing.

I see it as being an important part of being an adult that unfortunately most people don't learn. Someone doing something to you does not justify negative behaviour.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

personally have no desire to draw him..

I'm all for 'live and let live', but we can do what like in our own countries..

In the USA and England, it's not illegal to simply illustrate a religious figure, whereas in the Muslim countries it is illegal, simple as that.

In Dubai, public displays of affection are illegal, so when Westerners visit there, we abide by their rules and respect their country and way of living, so why can't they respect ours and let us draw whatever we want to draw?

It's also interesting when you see the point of 'ok, that's enough'.. by that I mean there must be thousands upon thousands of Jews, Christian, Catholics, Mexicans, Blacks, Gingers, Gays etc that have complained against South Park, but as soon as a Muslim makes a threat, it's an epidemic.

Live and let live? It works both ways.. these certain Muslims need to stop trying to interfere with the laws and censorships in other countries and cultures. Over 78% of the USA is Christian, only 0.6% is Islam, and apparently offending that tiny minority is a bigger issue than offending that huge majority....
    Piercings:

4mm Lobes
    1.6mm Septum!
    1.6mm Left Lip
    (Retired)

1.2mm Right Tragus (Retired)
    Left Nostril (Retired)

Ink:

Right Arm: Japanese Full Sleeve - Waves, Koi, Lotus Flowers and Cherry Blossoms. 19 hours. By Matt Hunt.
    Left Arm: Traditional Lady & Rose - Inner forearm. 3.5 hours. By Rachel McCarthy.

Future:

Lots More Ink!
    Both Lobes Stretched To Around 14mm
    Conch?

Branding...?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy666 View Post
    In the USA and England, it's not illegal to simply illustrate a religious figure, whereas in the Muslim countries it is illegal, simple as that.

In Dubai, public displays of affection are illegal, so when Westerners visit there, we abide by their rules and respect their country and way of living, so why can't they respect ours and let us draw whatever we want to draw?
    Firstly, there's not a lot you can do if a country is highly religious and has entrenched those beliefs as law, protecting what they see as decency.
    Secondly, the two are not directly comparable-there is a difference between having a law saying you can't do something and having no law saying you can't do something.
    As I've already said, you have to respect the Muslim beliefs in Dubai because it is a law to respect them, the other option is not go there and be an ignorant muppet. Here, there is no law against drawing a religious idol-why does that mean we have to do such a thing, when we're fully aware it will upset people who hold religious convictions? To promote our individual rights and assert Western beliefs as superior to those of immigrant ideologies? Pleasseeee.
    There's no law against blowing smoke in people's faces, but what purpose does it serve other than to piss people off?