Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frenum help

Default Frenum help

Hey, I pierced my own frenum yesterday. I have no piercing experience and really do regret doing such a stupid thing. I used a sterilized clamp and needle however i dont feel i took all the precautions that i should of. I have been doing some salt soaks and washing with anti bacterial soap. Are there any other aftercare things i could do to minimise risk of infection. Kinda worried due to not getting it done professionally. Also The bar i have in is pretty long. I read you shouldnt change it until the piercing has fully healed. Should i just cope with the bar being too long? Im uncircumcised however i can just about get my foreskin over the bar. Bit of a stretch though.

Southampton, UK... Close to Spectacular...!

You should be Ok, if you're really worried go see a piercer, they should help you out or at least check its alright.

Don't use too much salt, you only need a pinch in a cup full of boiled (then left to cool) water. Give it a really good blast when you're in the shower. They heal pretty quickly. You could probably get away with changing the jewellery without any problems just make sure your hands are clean and the jewellery you are putting in is too...

"
    Pass the crystal, Spread the tarot, In illusion comfort lies..."

Thanks, i think i have been using too much salt at the moment. Thats what i have been doing, boiling then letting it cool and soaking for a little. rinsing afterwards in the shower and washing with natural anti bacterial soap. It was the first piercing i have ever done, it didnt bleed so i think i didnt hit any veins or anything and tried to keep everything as clean as possible. Im just paranoid. Was a silly idea not going to a pro though.

As long as you did everything right and did your research then self piercing can be ok, although to strip yourself of any worry going to a pro will ease that. You said the clamps and needle were sterilized, as long as the jewellery was as well and that was done in a proper autoclave then you have less to worry about. Any signs of problems go see a piercer, they won't bash you for doing it yourself, they will have seen worse!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Everything seems fine at the moment, no pain or anything. No swelling really. If something dosnt feel right though i will go

Cool, I'm sure it will be fine for you
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think the jewellery might not have been sterile. Not good, guess will have to see how it goes though as i said it seems okay. If i decide i dont want the piercing anymore can i just remove it at any time, will it heal up? or should i wait a certain amount of time. Im happy with the way it looks though at the moment.

You shouldn't be washing it with antibacterial soap. It's too strong and not needed. Stick with sea salt soaks, it's all you really need.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

Jinxed is right, just stick to SSS and giving it a blast in the shower. As for not using claved/sterile jewellery well whats done is done, if you see the signs on an infection then whatever you do don't take it out as the jewellery at that point is stopping the infection getting into the piercing. If it all seems fine then just keep up the SSS. I'm not too sure on healing times or anything for changing jewellery but when you do change or get a piercer to change it make sure to get the right type and preferably titanium. Happy healing!

Thanks for your help I have the right gauge and it is titanium at the moment just a little long. I will stick to just Salt soaks then!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast