Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woohoo! Nostril Piercing

Very nice, it looks good on you. It never occurred to me that it could be seen out of the corner of your eye. Funny how piercings make us better aware of our bodies. You learn something new every day!
    old piercings :( 5mm (4ga) lobes (pierced at 4mm/6ga), tongue (1.6mm/14ga)

Mine isn't causing any trouble either. *knock on wood*

A bit out of topic, but I love your dreadlocks! Natural, I presume? I want a pic
    Also like the piercing, suits you well.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Wow I'm surprised you can pull faces without pain already! Took a few days for me.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I had mine done at the same place about six weeks ago. I am pretty sure that I had the same piercer and she used a gun (which I didn't know was bad at the time), didn't even mention that there was an option, just said it was the quickest and easiest way. I changed the stud a few weeks ago as the one I was pierced with was really uncomfortable, but apart from that have luckily had no problems at all. I'm glad you like it, it looks really good on you. I also found it weird to keep seeing it out of the corner of my eye, but it didn't take long to get used to it and I love how it looks.

Thanks for mentioning other studios you checked out as I've been looking for somewhere to have my lip done so found that really helpful. Quite interesting what you said about Portsmouth Ink. My friend had a tattoo done in there about two weeks ago and she's noticed that there are places on it where the ink hasn't 'taken' so it looks patchy.
    I'm Ellen.
    Have: Navel, right nostril, lip, 1st lobes.
    Want: 2nd lobes, conch, microdermals.

Hi Mellen. Yeah, at first I was looking for a studio that totally refused to use guns on noses at all, so I know they really know their stuff, but out of all the ones I went to they all offered guns and needles - (except for Apus in Gosport, who I didn't ask if they use guns on noses and they didn't mention it). So I gave up looking for one who only did needle piercings and instead concentrated on choosing one who I would be comfortable with piercing me with a needle. I found the same thing - if I hadn't done prior research and specifically asked for a needle piercing, I could easily have ended up with a gun piercing.

My nose is going great, still no problems with it whatsoever (touch wood).

Would you not go back to Withit for your lip piercing? Apart from the fact they don't have an issue with gunned noses, I felt happy with them piercing me. I'll go back in about two weeks for my free shorter bar/ring. Saying that, I want to get my tongue pierced, and I am trying to decide whether to get it done there, or at Apus in Gosport. Withit appeals because I like the piercer, and they are happy for me to bring in my own jewellery and they'll autoclave it for me - Apus won't do this, and I am considering a PTFE bar as initial tongue jewellery as I love my teeth too much to risk metal in my mouth. But Apus also appeals as they are 2 minutes from where I live, and have a nice big, fantastically clean studio - Withit just have the one room and you often see large groups of teenagers in there, so it makes me wonder...
    have tongue, nostril, secret septum, scaffold , x2 helix, lobe 6mm, lobe 7mm, x2 lobe 1.6mm
    want rook, conch, daith, nipple, lobes 8mm

20 // live on a yacht in brighton // love
    alex

Honestly...just considering the problems my nose went through being properly pierced with a needle at a reputable studio...if it had been gunned I would probably be in the hospital with a horrible infection right now. I can't believe anyone could even think of gunning noses. Even the thought makes me sick

Congrats, OP. I'm glad you're not having any problems. That makes two of us, still. (American idiom, knock on wood...lol)

Quote Originally Posted by jelly View Post
    Hi Mellen. Yeah, at first I was looking for a studio that totally refused to use guns on noses at all, so I know they really know their stuff, but out of all the ones I went to they all offered guns and needles - (except for Apus in Gosport, who I didn't ask if they use guns on noses and they didn't mention it). So I gave up looking for one who only did needle piercings and instead concentrated on choosing one who I would be comfortable with piercing me with a needle. I found the same thing - if I hadn't done prior research and specifically asked for a needle piercing, I could easily have ended up with a gun piercing.

My nose is going great, still no problems with it whatsoever (touch wood).

Would you not go back to Withit for your lip piercing? Apart from the fact they don't have an issue with gunned noses, I felt happy with them piercing me. I'll go back in about two weeks for my free shorter bar/ring. Saying that, I want to get my tongue pierced, and I am trying to decide whether to get it done there, or at Apus in Gosport. Withit appeals because I like the piercer, and they are happy for me to bring in my own jewellery and they'll autoclave it for me - Apus won't do this, and I am considering a PTFE bar as initial tongue jewellery as I love my teeth too much to risk metal in my mouth. But Apus also appeals as they are 2 minutes from where I live, and have a nice big, fantastically clean studio - Withit just have the one room and you often see large groups of teenagers in there, so it makes me wonder...
    Yeah, Apus refuse to use guns, they only use needles. When I first started going there, I was concerned because of experiences I'd had in the past with other places that have used guns and they were quite reassuring & made me feel a lot more at ease when they explained that they don't use them and why they don't.
    Have: Nose x 1, navel, ears (lobes) x 1, right nipple (yay!), giving ear stretching a go (at 2.4mm at the moment)

Still to come : left nipple, ears (lobes & scaffold), VCH & lip (maybe )

"I procrastinate like there's no tomorrow"

Quote Originally Posted by LeftNoob View Post
    Yeah, Apus refuse to use guns, they only use needles. When I first started going there, I was concerned because of experiences I'd had in the past with other places that have used guns and they were quite reassuring & made me feel a lot more at ease when they explained that they don't use them and why they don't.
    That's really good to know... shame they wouldn't pierce my nose with a labret stud, or let me bring my own jewellery in. I think I will try them for my tongue, but first I will check what jewellery they have for that.
    have tongue, nostril, secret septum, scaffold , x2 helix, lobe 6mm, lobe 7mm, x2 lobe 1.6mm
    want rook, conch, daith, nipple, lobes 8mm

20 // live on a yacht in brighton // love
    alex

I may go there to have my lip done, my friend had hers done there, it came out well and she's not had problems so I am considering it but am currently undecided. My sister wants her tragus done so I think we might go together in which case we'd go to Stylish Skin in Chichester which is where she's had all hers done. It does seem to be quite hard to find a place that doesn't use guns at all which surprised me as there are few tattoo/piercing studios in the Portsmouth area.

I wish I had done my research but it was quite spontaneous and I've not had any problems (apart from the horrible stud which is thrown away now). Glad you aren't having any problems either.
    I'm Ellen.
    Have: Navel, right nostril, lip, 1st lobes.
    Want: 2nd lobes, conch, microdermals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast