Thread: Question bout VCH?

Default Question bout VCH?

Just wondering if its normal to be able to feel the curved bar under the skin? Im beginning to think that the piercing may be quite shallow.
    Whats the chances of VCH growing out?

My knowledge of genital piercings is so minimal....give me a cartiledge any day!
    Current - 4x lobes, 2xtragus, conch, rook, & labret
    Retired - 2x lobes, tragus & anti-tragus, septum
    Ink - Emily the strange & 3 cats on my back and ankle

I've heard that they can migrate. Do you know what gauge the bar is? It's really hard to tell so maybe go have a chat with a piercer who can have a look for you. Remember its not going through skin but membrane, I can kinda feel mine if I press down on it. I'm also considering stretching up to 2mm to lessen any chance of migration.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I think with most piercings like that you can feel the bar at least a little bit. My eyebrow migrated but it was pierced pretty deeply and I could feel the bar from day one. I would think you could feel it even more with a VCH since the skin is a lot thinner. As long as you're not noticing the piercing sitting differently than usual or getting any symptoms of rejection/migration you'll be fine.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

It's not like a navel piercing or something - the only hole for a VCH is through the very thin skin at the top. The bar can't be underneath any more tissue than just however thick your hood is...if you scroll to the bottom of this page to the picture of the Q-tip test, the hole would just be through the top, skin so thin you can pretty much see the Q-tip through it!

A shallow hood would be one placed low, so there's not much room between the piercing hole and the bottom of your hood, where the bar pokes out.