Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something worse than a bleeding pimple under nose stud or am I just a worry wart?

Also, I've been sick the last week or so, which certainly didn't help since I had a runny and stuffy nose and always had a kleenex to it. I've been trying to be careful, but when you need to blow your nose, you need to blow your nose. I only forgot about the piecing once when I was using a tissue and had a scary moment of pulling it out a little in the middle of a class, but nothing had visibly been altered do to that.
    Have: Ear lobes and nostril piercing.................
    ......Maybe: A celtic rose tattoo and a second piercing in each lobe......
    .................Want: Ear cartilage piercing - several.

Solutions are really poor ways of cleaning your piercing unfortunately. They often contain nasty things like antibacterial agents or chemicals which will upset your healing process and also tend to only really clean the surface of the piercing rather than getting right under the bar and pulling out the gunk

Best thing you can use to clean with is a sea salt soak (here is a guide: http://www.bodypoetry.co.uk/nose.htm ) as they really get right into the piercing, help speed your healing and help soothe the area when its sore etc. I suspect the white ring is the bump lingering (especially if its skin coloured)because your cleaning methods have been irritating the piercing. Try using sea salt soaks for a few days to see if it settles down. You could also add chamomile tea into the soak (so brew a tea bag and add salt) to help ease the bump away too!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Okay. I had tried sea salt soaks maybe twice, but because of the inconvience of it and my own impatience (haha) I didn't stick with it. Same with the chamomile tea, which felt good, but I also didn't know to put salt with it, so I will be trying both again and hopefully will make it a daily routine so there will be actual results. Thank you again! I'll try to give an update after a week or two of doing this, mostly for the sake of anyone else with a similar problem who may find this thread.

Good luck with it, they can be a bit tricky to get the hang of - i found putting the put on a table and leaving into it easier (And less messy) than holding a cup to my face. Also chamomile is fine on its own but you can kill two birds with one stone by putting your salt in it (then you SSS and chamomile at the same time ).
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Two months later, and success! ^_^

Maybe all the things I tried before work on other nose piercing situations, but they didn't for mine. Chamomile, salt water, witchhazel, ear piercing solution. I tried it all. All tried and failed.

But as you can see below, the bump has gone away completely. In end, what it took was to just totally forget the piercing was there, save for running it under the hot water when in the shower, and being careful to not get it caught on towels and such. A few weeks of this, and it was all better. I really didn't even keep track of its good progress because I had just kind of accepted that there was a permanent bump.

Then I was talking with a friend one day, and out of no where she comments on how much better the piercing looked. I figured she meant the red/nastiness had gone away since she last saw it, but when I looked in the mirror that night, I realized that she meant that the bump had shrunk greatly.

So I'm very happy, and I thank everyone that gave their helpful input. They're methods I will keep in mind if any other problems arise with the peircing.

I have the same exact bump you have. Right down to the popping it and clear stuff and blood coming out. except I have a hoop. I've had the bump for about two weeks now (I got it after spending a week a beach apartment, bad, I know). It aggravates me so much and after 3 days of SSS and LITHA I start messing with it again. I'm too impatient.

I bought the "Easypiercing Physiological Salt Solution" from here and it just arrived. Is it good or bad for my piercing? I'm going on a trip tomorrow and I don't really think I can be making SSS.

Quote Originally Posted by erick1546 View Post
    I bought the "Easypiercing Physiological Salt Solution" from here and it just arrived. Is it good or bad for my piercing? I'm going on a trip tomorrow and I don't really think I can be making SSS.
    I don't know if any solution works for this particular kind of bump. I tried tons of things, and I think all I did was make it worse, because to apply all this stuff meant I was messing with piercing, moving the jewelry, etc... I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try the solution, but I'd say if you don't see any good changes within a week or so, to stop bothering with it and do your best to be patient and let it be.

You may have to deal with it looking nasty for awhile. That was what bothered me to no end when mine was at its worst, and that's why I just couldn't leave it alone. But thanks to that, my bump lasted a few MONTHS. You're still dealing with weeks, so maybe if you do good by it now, it'll go away even sooner than mine did.

Also, have to asked anyone else with experience with that solution how well it worked for them? You may wanna look for a thread about it, or start your own, just for good measure.

I'll try it for a week to see if it works. How many weeks did it take to heal after you decided to LITHA?

Mmm.... Probably another 3-4 weeks. Might've been less, since I wasn't even paying attention to it when it first started getting better.

Everyday I clean off the stuff that accumulates over night but a bump has developed. It is slightly hard and is located right next to the opening where my stud goes into my nose. Should I try to pop it? It does not hurt unless I am constantly playing with it. 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast