Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something worse than a bleeding pimple under nose stud or am I just a worry wart?

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Yup antiseptics are good in the case of an abscess if the tea tree oil is too strong for you then use savlon spray instead as its made for sensitive skin and you're treating an infection not a bump so its a bit different than treating the more common hypertrophic scarring bumps which are caused by irritation I understand you not wanting to use things that are going to affect your healing but its important to clear this minor infection up so the bump stays away and everything goes back to normal. A week of using antiseptic shouldn't really affect your healing time but a abscess that keeps reforming is more likely to lead to a worse infection and added complications!
    Thanks, I am taking your advice and listening, and I have been soaking it for 10 mins at a time in sea salt solution, and adding a few drops of TCP into it (yuk that stuff stinks), and the boil thingy has definitely gone down, and every time I soak it some gunk comes out. It's still sore but it looks a lot better and it doesn't throb like it did yesterday. I think I had the normal bump previously which kind of developed into the abcess or whatever it was. Anyway that bit has gone (hopefully for good), I'll continue with what I am doing for a few days then just go back to SSS and hope that will sort it out.

Ladylish - I think I am either unlucky, not destined to have a nose piercing, or just damned impatient LOL... or as I keep saying, too old to be having needles stuck through my nose!
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=783178572

Hi. I have had my right nostril pierced for 1 1/2 years now. For the first few months I had major issues waiting on it to heal with the screw stud. I kept cleaning it and trying different studs until I found one that was the right fit to not irritate the inside of my nose. I had that exact same "bump" as in your picture at least once. It does go away if you can keep it clean and dry and try to keep the stud from moving around too much. Every time mine did it would get worse. Good Luck ladies, I hope you both heal up soon!!

Ah if you have 'the bump' underneath it, when your week of antiseptic is over try switching the hot water in your sea salt soak to chamomile tea as thats great for getting rid of them. Also try not to knock / pull out / fiddle with your jewellery and that'll help too

No ones ever too old for a piercing, if little old ladies can do it you can too!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Ah if you have 'the bump' underneath it, when your week of antiseptic is over try switching the hot water in your sea salt soak to chamomile tea as thats great for getting rid of them. Also try not to knock / pull out / fiddle with your jewellery and that'll help too

No ones ever too old for a piercing, if little old ladies can do it you can too!
    Haha I;'m not quite a little old lady yet LOL

My nose is sore today, it feels like an open wound which is crusting over and every time I wrinkle my face, the crust breaks a bit and it stings...

I am not touching the stud at all, apart from in my sleep when I can't control what happens!!

I am going into Urban tomorrow so I'll let them have a look at it. It doesn't look too bad today but it does feel sore. I have tried Chamomile tea bags but they didn't seem to do much, but hot SSS do bring some relief and they draw out gunky stuff too, so I'll keep on with that for a while

I am not patient really and I had no idea nose piercings were so difficult to heal otherwise I might not have bothered!

Corinnex
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook

Aww ! Cartilage piercings can be a pain sometimes - I hope Urban can put your mind at ease a bit!

Aww ! Cartilage piercings can be a pain sometimes - I hope Urban can put your mind at ease a bit!
    Total pain in the arse... haha

I am going to Urban to see about a new hole, but while I am there I might just mention my nose, although it does look a whole lot better today and I think I know what to do with it now, thanks to people on here giving good advice! I just worried a bit at the weekend because when I popped the boil thingy it was disgusting and bled for ages and then I had no idea what to do with it...

I love going to Urban, I feel like about 20 yrs older than the rest of the customers and staff, it is so funny!
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook

hehe! I bet Still its all good and hopefully they'll be able to give you some more advice in person too!

yeah like they never have to ID me which is really funny cos everyone else who walks into the shop has to produce photo ID before they will pierce them LOL...

My nose has stopped stinging so hopefully that's a good sign?
    I'm Corinne

stabbed
    inked
    and not stopping yet

I'm on Facebook

Fingers crossed its settling down and trying to be nice to you now!

Sorry to be inactive so long - I'm nearing my high school graduation so everything is pretty busy.

The area around my piercing no longer looks like a pimple - bleeding is nonexsistent, swelling is mostly gone. Problem is, I must not have been nice enough to it because I think whatever was there before has left scar tissue. I have a white half-ring around the piercing. It is occasionally sore (mostly I need to discipline myself not to be messing with it), sometimes with little crusties though that has been less and less.

I had been using the solution my piercer originally gave me on it once a day, though I wasn't supposed to use it after the first two weeks (I'm now at my 8 week point). I had only be using it because when it still looked like a pimple and I was getting desperate, it actually made everything look 10x better the next day, but then some of the problems came back and the solution hasn't seemed to work since and I'm not really using it so much now.

I could post a current picture if it would help. As long as it isn't an infection, I'm not really worried. I mean, I would prefer it to not be permanent scar tissue as well, but I can deal with that if it is the case. I just want to know what the heck it is and if I can do anything about it.
    Last edited by EmilyRose; 05-08-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    Have: Ear lobes and nostril piercing.................
    ......Maybe: A celtic rose tattoo and a second piercing in each lobe......
    .................Want: Ear cartilage piercing - several.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast