Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: I just did half of venom tongue pierce an hour ago

Im pretty lucky. I didnt swell at all and i can talk perfectly normal. It did get a lil swollen from me trying to eat alot of solid food but mostly today i just eat alotta mango ice cream yummm and salt water after i eat.. And sorry but i dont have a working computer.. Broke months ago when i was streaming naruto and got spyware.. But if u wana see it, the only way i can show it is on xbox live my gamertag is furryazzpikachu or u can add me on da wii and i can send pix but yah i did it kinda crooked lol btw y r u guys so mean?

Edit: Btw yea i still didnt get any blood lol. Except on the needle wen i pierced. Also i have a little bit of pus under my tongue but that is part of the healing and i think im doing really good cuz my tongue feels normal and doesnt hurt unless i move the barbell.. Then it feels a little achey

OH and if anyone wondering how im on here if my comp is broken... Im using my ipod touch web browser..
    Last edited by SHAUWK; 04-10-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Everyone is being 'mean' to you because you did something stupid and a lot of younger people read these boards and they need to know what you did was stupid and dangerous
    13mm Lobes, 6mm Lobes, 1.6mm Lobes, 1mm Lobes, Right Tragus, Right Rook, Right Scaffold, Left Helix, Left Monroe, Double Nostrils, Snakebites, Venoms, 4mm Septum, Nipples, Navel, VCH, Fourchette, 2x Sternum MD's, 2x Temple MD's, 13 Hours Tattoo Work.

Oh i see lol well it wasnT that dumb. I actually googled alot about it before i did it and read everything about it and aftercare stuff. The only thing was that i wasnt sure about brushing my teeth because people saying that listerine kills all the fighting off germ thing so i thought toothpaste was like that... And seriously nothing that bad can happen if u dont do it perfectly clean lol like how people say ur tongue can get paralyzed its just a lie to scare people . Also i was extremely careful and didnt stab my tongue anywhere i wasnt 100p sure about. I stabbed it on the part that was perfectly pink and had no tiny veins or anything lol too bad i didnt think about crookedness.. Also it cant be that bad if u watch youtube, the piercers hardly even look under ur tongue when they do it

You say you did it safely and you weren't that dumb but then you also admit there was dust in the package with the jewellery.
    If there was dust in there then it wasn't properly sterile and that could lead to infection.
    You also admit you didn't use gloves, now okay so you washed your hands but did you scrub under your finger nails? I'm sure you've been told about all the bacteria that live under them right?
    Jewellery wasn't sterile, your hands weren't sterile and if it was a cheap kit the needle may not have been all that sterile either!

Okay so you spent a long time checking for veins but that won't stop infections.

We are been hard on you because your setting a bad example for others by been so ignorant about the hygiene issues here!
    I don't wish you harm in a nasty way but I kinda want something bad to happen to act as a warning to everyone else reading this and thinking "Well he had no trouble so why would I?".
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

In response to checking veins - have you even been shown how to check for veins correctly by a trained professional? Have you read up on any anatomy specifically related to the tongue? Because if not all you are going on is layman's visibility of the area - the tongue is very vascular and you could have hit something which wasn't readily visible at the tongue surface.
    13mm Lobes, 6mm Lobes, 1.6mm Lobes, 1mm Lobes, Right Tragus, Right Rook, Right Scaffold, Left Helix, Left Monroe, Double Nostrils, Snakebites, Venoms, 4mm Septum, Nipples, Navel, VCH, Fourchette, 2x Sternum MD's, 2x Temple MD's, 13 Hours Tattoo Work.

rjs

This was dumb. Though not as dumb as the story I remember reading on BME about a kid who was so desperate for a lip piercing he got a link of chain and clamped it closed through his lip using a pair of pliers...

Won't most places pierce a tongue at 16, anyway? I reckon this is a troll.

dpack_1

Quote Originally Posted by SHAUWK View Post
    Oh i see lol well it wasnT that dumb. I actually googled alot about it before i did it and read everything about it and aftercare stuff. The only thing was that i wasnt sure about brushing my teeth because people saying that listerine kills all the fighting off germ thing so i thought toothpaste was like that... And seriously nothing that bad can happen if u dont do it perfectly clean lol like how people say ur tongue can get paralyzed its just a lie to scare people . Also i was extremely careful and didnt stab my tongue anywhere i wasnt 100p sure about. I stabbed it on the part that was perfectly pink and had no tiny veins or anything lol too bad i didnt think about crookedness.. Also it cant be that bad if u watch youtube, the piercers hardly even look under ur tongue when they do it
    First bit in bold. Yes, very bad things can happen if you dont do a clean piercing, why do you think there are so many legal standards that us professionals have to adhere to? If it wasn't important to be sterile why would we spend thousands on medical waste disposal, autoclaves, sterile packaging etc? By using jewellery that you have no idea about you could potentially get an infection from it's improper storage and at worst hepatitis if it had been used in someone else previously and not sterilised.

Second bit in bold. No, it wont paralyse your tongue, but nobody here said that, but it very easily can get infected, and getting an infection in your tongue can lead to some terrible things that would be far worse than paralysis of it. This is not a lie and is not said just to scare people.

Videos you watch on youtube aren't always the best benchmark to go by, and a professional piercer that has done hundreds of tongue piercings can see at a glance what veins are in the way so while you may think they 'hardly look' they probably have a far better understanding of what they are looking for than you do.

Lastly, you say you have a 'little bit of pus' yeah, pus is never normal in any piercing ever. Pus is a symptom of infection and not something you get with natural healing. Now if you mean lymph than that's fine, pus is certainly not.

People are being 'mean' because you did something very immature and promoting it to be safe and fine. We're trying to make other readers aware that what you did carries a lot of risks and they shouldn't do this themselves because of them risks.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAUWK View Post
    Im not lying i swear to god i did it. Yea i was like wtf when i saw dust inside..took me forever to open the ball lol. This isnt that dumb!!! And my tongue is completely normal, no swell or anything except i kinda pierced it crooked lol
    OMG, this should have been your first indication that you were out of your depth! Are you sure you used a proper needle, as most of the kits on eBay come with a minimum of needle, jewellery and GLOVES!
    Did you even clean the barbell yourself before using it?
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

I've been replying to you via wall-wall stuff but I feel for the safety of people reading this I'll post it here too.
    He described his piercing being at angle like this: / .
    My reply: While it may feel fine right now that bottom ball is not sitting in the right part of your mouth and is likely to start doing some serious damage to you teeth and gums.

As Dpack says pus is not normal at all, dust on a barbell means it wasn't sterile and you could have done yourself some harm but don't seem to care / understand the seriousness of the situation so I will elaborate.
    There is certain type of bacteria called clostridium that is commonly found around the home and in most cases won't be present in a piercing studio because carriers such as soil, decaying vegetable matter and human poo aren't in the immediate vicinity, unlike in your bathroom or kitchen. These can cause a whole host of bad infections but one of which is a flesh eating bacteria that can destroy sections of tissue and you not only just let that into your tongue tissue but potentially introduced it to the rest of your body too since your mouth is a gateway to the body!

These bacteria are nothing to shrug off as a 'minor local infection' because some of the other common bacteria likeStaphylococcus can start as something minor but lead to toxic shock syndrome and sepsis, both of which aren't just serious they are potentially fatal.

So don't get upset that people are being 'mean' or getting mad at you, they have good reason to be worried and this website is dedicated to people that not only like body piercing but see it as an art form and something that should be respected which your blase attitude / actions seem to be disrespecting - hence the hostility!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    I've been replying to you via wall-wall stuff but I feel for the safety of people reading this I'll post it here too.
    He described his piercing being at angle like this: / .
    My reply: While it may feel fine right now that bottom ball is not sitting in the right part of your mouth and is likely to start doing some serious damage to you teeth and gums.

As Dpack says pus is not normal at all, dust on a barbell means it wasn't sterile and you could have done yourself some harm but don't seem to care / understand the seriousness of the situation so I will elaborate.
    There is certain type of bacteria called clostridium that is commonly found around the home and in most cases won't be present in a piercing studio because carriers such as soil, decaying vegetable matter and human poo aren't in the immediate vicinity, unlike in your bathroom or kitchen. These can cause a whole host of bad infections but one of which is a flesh eating bacteria that can destroy sections of tissue and you not only just let that into your tongue tissue but potentially introduced it to the rest of your body too since your mouth is a gateway to the body!

These bacteria are nothing to shrug off as a 'minor local infection' because some of the other common bacteria likeStaphylococcus can start as something minor but lead to toxic shock syndrome and sepsis, both of which aren't just serious they are potentially fatal.

So don't get upset that people are being 'mean' or getting mad at you, they have good reason to be worried and this website is dedicated to people that not only like body piercing but see it as an art form and something that should be respected which your blase attitude / actions seem to be disrespecting - hence the hostility!
    I knew parts of this but gosh, now i'm even scared to stretch up my ears using my bathroom mirror!
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog