Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Going to the piercer by yourself...

for the most recent one, I didn't go with anyone, and honestly never thought to! I was with my mother for my lobes (obviously, since I was 6), and with 2 of my friends for my Naval since we were all going to get something done. I felt like I was a bad friend because I was really excited about my own piercing, so it made it hard for me to peel my attention to their new piercings. *sigh* Most of that I think was because I didn't know what to expect, being my first "real" piercing.

i cant go to the piercers by my self.. as i need my dad to push me in the wheelchair only way i can get out due to bad lungs, bit i enjoy going with my dad its kinda our thing now as is the football but im going off topic there i really love going with somebody
    Left Ear -stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - 2 pinnas - 6mm conch punch - 6mm helix punch - 10mm cart punch
    Right Ear - stretched upto 1/2-9/16 - snug - 6mm helix punch - vertical industrial - tragus - rook
    Others -nape - left and right nipple - right wrist x2 - bridge - eyebrow - twinkle
    Tattoos - medieval dragon with sugar skull half sleeve - vampire pinup - tinkerbell

That's really cool; it'd be nice to have a parent so supportive of piercings!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

i always have to go with someone, even though i had over 20 piercings done in the past, but i just get wayyy too excited and way too nervous i always drag someone along with me to hold my hand, though recently i moved and found a piercer that i trusted immediately more than any other piercer before. and i know exactly that next time i will go on my own. i dont know, for some reason he makes me feel confident.
    left ear - lobe 3x, inner conch, scaffold 2x. right ear - lobe 3x, helix, rook.
    body - right nipple, inverse navel, standard navel, right upper nostril, righ nostril.
    oral: tongue

retired: nape, helix 2x, sternum
    want: collar bone microdermals, orbital conch, 2x double tragus

I like going alone, to me it's a personal experience, it makes me feel independent. Tattoos however, I need moral support as I'm still quite new to tattoos and don't feel confident enough to go alone. Strange I know.
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

I like going on my own now, but pretty much always went with friends as a teen.

I do enjoy going with my sister - if only because we both get a chance to catch up while getting new bling. I like the feeling of efficient time management! Ha.
    Joy - Liquerlover. PiercedandDyed. Twentysomething. RainbowInked. MoshpitAddict. Sleeptalker. CompulsiveAddict. RookieRunner. Koumpounophobe. Mum-of-Four. TeenBride. Riotgrrrl.
    Piercings: nose, rook, 4mm tongue, 15mm lobes & many retired scars
    Tattoos: "ζωή" left shoulder, butterflies across chest, peacock left lower shin, clef heart left hand, full sleeve in progress, half sleeve, phoenix on upper back, seaunicorn lower back.

I actually prefer to have someone with me, just on the off chance that something goes wrong.

I wanted to keep it a secret from my friends and family (only told random internet people), so I went alone. To me, it feels like it should be a private experience and if I do it again, I'm definitely going alone.

I live in a town of only 2000, so if I want a piercing I have to head to the next big town over. That happens to be a half hour car ride or a 45 minute bus ride, and no way am I catching a bus and spending 3.5 hours in town for one piercing....so I usually schedual it so I can shop with friends, have lunch with someone etc.
    Which means i've always had someone there when I get pierced...not in the actual room though, it's not allowed. I like the moral support honestly. And the compliments! I even like being told how crazy I am by my friends.
    Piercings:

Left ear: 2x tragus, 3x lobes, conch, 3x outer conch in a triangle design

Right ear: 2x forward helix, 4x lobes, anti-tragus, rook

Other: tongue, tongue web

Retired: ​lower lip

^ pshhhh, you're in Oz, that's just around the corner surely
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue