Thread: Lip Piercing Tearring / Migrating??? Input Please :) (PICS)

Default Lip Piercing Tearring / Migrating??? Input Please :) (PICS)

Hello Everyone,

- Let me start out by saying thanks for any and all feedback. I love my new piercing and want to do everything to keep it "happy".

- Ok so I got my Lower Left lip pierced, by a reputable shop, 8days ago. Everthing went well some swelling, very little pain, been keeping it clean. Clean the outside with soap and inside with Non-alcoholic mouth wash (forgot the name). Its a little red on the outside nothing major. But the inside just in the last 2 days looks like it is tearing or migrating. It doesn't hurt at all but im worried it might keep getting bigger.

My guesses are:
    1.) Im playing with it too much, I dont think I am but it's possible.
    2.) Ring is too small?
    3.) Both 1 & 2

- Please any feedback would be great. The lady that did the piercing told me she would be away from 4/1 to 4/8 for Easter.
    -----------------------------
    Pics:
    img693.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=in1v.jpg

Rings are generally quite difficult to heal with. You will probably find that it will feel significantly better if you get it changed to a labret stud. It also sounds like you may be overcleaning, I would ditch the soap and mouthwash and stick to sea salt soaks for the outside.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

I agree with this. And a 'reputable' piercer shouldn't pierce you with a ring in the first place, or at least without informing you in great detail about the risks of trying to heal a piercing with a CBR.
    And the Little Glass Vial goes into the gun like a battery.

2x 6g lobes
    2x 16g lobes
    14g helix scaffold
    12g septum
    16g tragus x2
    6g conch
    2x 12g diagonal nipples

Default Thanx

Thanks for the help ladies. Much appreciated. Ive been just doing the sea sallt soaks at night and everything seams ok. The split seams to have even closed up a lil bit. Think you are right that I was just overcleaning and irritating it. O and all i meant by a , 'reputable' piercer, is that it wasn't some friend or myself that did the job and I totally agree that the lady should have gave me more info on what to expect. Hopefully everything works out, this piercing reallt means alot to me, but thats a whole nother story. Thanks again everyone.