Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how do you compare to your father/mom?

Default how do you compare to your father/mom?

i was just wondering, how do you guys/gals feel?

for me, i love and look up to him but deep inside i really hate him.
    i am 17,i would say i am smart but my interests are in subjects outside the school curriculum so you wont see evidence in my grades. i have a dozen or so close friends but other wise unpopular. i am overweight (working on it xD) and basically lead a sad life.

my dad on the other hand is uninterested in whatever is going on or history or philosophy or in comparative religion for that matter but he did well in school cause instead of reading up on something that would never come out in a test on wiki, he studied. He was the midfield/ striker on his soccer team which basically meant in highschool he had the body of a greek god. and at 17 instead of doing what i am, reading in my room, he was trying his best to reach up into a girls cervix with his member

god....why did i turn out this way....

I am holding down a job at the age of almost 26. At the age I am now, my mom already had me and my brother and was struggling just to get by. I struggle too, but in different ways obviously. My mom never had a job, which has been embarrassing to me for a good part of my life. I feel as though I'm doing better than her. I'm about to get my college degree and I still have my job.

I don't like the way my mom has spent her life--living off other people's money and not being accountable for the things she does. I don't want to live like that. I get mad at her a lot, but I don't hate her. I'm frustrated with her more than anything.

GerryLeanne

My dad smokes weed 24/7, and it's growing in our garden. He's also on the verge of being an alcoholic. My mother who moved out 6 months ago is also relying on drink at the moment, and smokes way too much, occasionally a spliff. & i can honestly say that i've never even 'tried' a fag or anything like that, and that i've only really been drunk about 3 times, i don't like to drink. So, so far so good -I'm not turning out anything like them! haha

Both my parents have degrees (mum has three) and both have had the same jobs for about 23 years (mums a school teacher, dad's a traffic policeman) I hope I'll have a nice life with a secure job and children, both of them are total metal heads as well

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

I've inherited a lot of my father's attributes. He's a very methodical, scientifically-minded, energetic kind of person. He wants to do everything the most efficient way it possibly can. He's stubborn, and thinks he's always right...

And tbh, I'm exactly the same. I will virtually kill myself to get the job done better than anybody else... The only thing I haven't inherited is his addiction to keeping fit. But I've replaced that with my desire to modify. It releases the same endorphins...

On the other hand, my mother is very arty. When she was my age, she studied art at college and worked as a seamstress... but she hasn't worked a fulltime job since I was born. She currently does volunteer work with animals... I like to think that I've inherited some of her artiness, but I don't think I have her patience or skill.

lol sorry for ignoring this post guys have been busy these past few hours.....its interesting to see you guyses and girls opinions

My mum's friggin' ace. She is really really clever and really nice and very involved in loads of activities within the community. And she's really awesome, you phone up going "mummy I've got an earache" and she goes "ok, well first thing is get a warm hot water bottle and lie on it because it'll help soothe the ache. Then you want to do this and that and the other." She's the sort of person who after a complete apocolypse would be going "right then. Lets all pull our socks up and stop being silly. Shelter isn't going to build itself." This is kind of a family trait. All of the Pierce-Butler women are very much like this. Her only negative point is she can be very overly sensitive sometimes and will occasionally have emotional outbursts. Like every time we go on holiday it's terrifying when we're packing the day before and leaving on that morning.

My dad's pretty cool too. He's got all sorts of psychological issues I don't want to go into. But other than that he's really clever, and really really funny. He always used to make me laugh. And he's really silly and just amazing with kids. He's got a lotof "life experience" as well as lots of educational experience so he'll always come out with these really interesting anecdotes. He's got a very long fuse like me, but when someone sets him off it's kinda scary. I've (apparantly) inherited his intuition. Apparantly when I was about 11 I said "I didn't know Jo had been bought up in the army" "who told you that" "no-one. She just acts like this, this and this, and she thinks this way about this and I just assumed her dad was in the army or something." and I was spot on. My dad's very similar.

I think I've inherited my parents passion for learning. Although I'm not as intelligent as either of them. I've inherited my mum's knowledge for home made remedies etc - mostly because I grew up using them. Unfortunately I've inherited her stressyness. I find it very hard to relax. I'm quite like my dad in the intuition and being good with kids thing. I don't tend to ome out with interesting anecdotes though. I'm like an old guy in a pub sometimes "Did you know a very interesting fact about dust is blah blah blah".
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

My mum has always worked in office jobs, just kinda higher up versions of what I do. I think I get my work ethic from her. She also left school and went straight to work, which is working out good for me too! She is quite into her piercings and microdermals, but a bit odd about tattoos, she claims to want one but bitches about anyone else who has one.. Her boyf is an artist so she is into kinda arty stuff and fashion in the same way I am which is pretty cool. I always trust her to buy me cool clothes for Xmas and Birthdays!

My Dad is...odd. He's always worked in Maintainance jobs, but since him and my Mum split up he's never had any money... He was really into his Rockabilly stuff, like old cars, pin up girls, 50s music, and I quite like that stuff so we used to chat about that, but since meeting his new girlfriend he's got well normal and it doesnt seem like him..

I'm more like my dad than I am my mum, to the point me and my father have had some fantastically colourful arguements because neither of us will back down, I'm as stubborn, sarcastic as him, we have the same sense of humour which my mum just doesn't understand, and I can lose my temper and get jealous and paranoid just like Dad... But I look like Ma more than I do him I think although people still guess I'm his daughter without being told. I sound and do laugh like Ma as well which can be mortifiying. As for how they led their lives I don't know how I'm fairing my dad left school at 15 or 16 without any grades he is now a self employed electrician and my mum got O-Levels and worked as various receptionists. I work in a call centre so I guess it's about the same really, like an equal measure of both parents.
    Sophie

Piercings
    Lobes x3, Left Helix, Right Helix x2, Double Nostrils, Right Rook, Left Nipple, Left Conch, VCH, Tongue

Ink
    Pink Gerbera, Orange Gerbera, Storm Cat

I'm most like my dad tbh. My dad acts like he's half his age (I don't act 9, seriously, but I act younger than I am a lot of the time!), does whatever the hell he wants, dresses how he wants, can be stubbon, likes showing off, likes to be right, and like the rest of the family we're both in our own ways thougtless/selfish.

I have all those traits plus my mum's traits of intelligence, untidyness, relaxedness (is that a word) and we both like being a bit stupid to have fun.

I have inherited from both my parents the "not being a complete and total lightweight" gene, despite being anemic. XD Hehe just a little light spirited humour there, scuse the unintentional possibly too subtle pun there.
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast