Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Infected cartilage piercing

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    I loved that guide. Learned loads from just reading that. I've certainly been doing one or two things wrong, Oops. And i thought i knew about aftercare.... :$

Is it safe to use bio oil on healing piercings to remove scar tissue like hypodermic (is that what its called?) scarring? I have dreaded bumps forming on my industrial and it doesnt seem to be going down or getting worse. Ugh.
    Last edited by Jinxed; 03-31-2010 at 04:15 PM.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

Hypertrophic scarring If the piercing is healed enough to not have broken skin, it should be okay to use. I don't think it will do much good though, bio oil is only really effective on scarring in combination with massages, which is something you really don't want to be doing on a healing piercing. Have you tried chamomile compresses?
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Hypertrophic scarring is caused by irritation and oil massages seem to have little effect on it as its an overproduction of scar tissue thats a bit different to 'normal' scarring and needs treating a bit differently.

Chamomile tea soaks are the best things to use on a still healing piercing. If the bump is there when it is fully healed you can use stronger things like aspirin paste or tea tree oil which can irritate a still healing piercing (And cause a catch 22 effect since the scarring is caused by irritation!)

Thanks for the compliment! I'm currently reworking all my guides and the whole site itself as they're a little outdated now (my knowledge has grown since I wrote them!) but i'm pleased people do actually read them from time to time hehe!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to imply that bio oil massages would work/be a good idea for hypertrophic scarring. I just meant that even if it would, you wouldn't be able to do it now anyway as it's still healing. Massaging would probably make the bumps worse :P
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123