Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Download 2010

Woah! thats alot.

Well showers that thousands of dirty people have trapezied in and out of didnt really appeal to me anyway

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Ahh useful info! thank you very much Chuck any more useful advice at me!

Never realised food was that expensive! :O Although ive never actually brought much on the days ive gone so i guess it doesnt really add up to much. Good job me and my friend dnt eat alot
    I take over 100 for food/drinks when I'm there, when it was hot last year I spent over 10 a day on bottles of water in the arena.

I got my ticket for sho. I'm excited to go to see ac/dc, rage, deftones etc. Not as good as last year but I get to take the boy.

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

yeah that was the other thing i found ridiculous was the price of a 500ml bottle of water/juice (2) especially as i've got used to paying 90p max
    one of my friends actually ended up passing out at the prodidgy show cause she was dehydrated and none of us had any money to get her a bottle of water, we had to beg one of the guys at the barrier to let us have some of his... the funny part of it though is that she passed out when the prodidgy were playing take me to the hospital hows that for irony
    but yeah i could have easily spent a lot more on food and water then i actually did i just didnt have the money but this year i am putting some money in a piggy bank which i shall get changed into notes before i go down so that i'm covered as well as having money in the bank which shall only be used in an emergency...
    and its weird loads of people are sying that its not as good as last year but everytime ive looked at the bands that are going to be there ive ssen at least 5 that i like/want to see each day i mean one of the only reasons i went last year was because dir en grey were playing and i fecking missed them anyway, not entirely sure why though although i seem tgo rember rescuing a friend from quite a big crush at one of the barriers it didnt help that he'd lost his glasses and couldnt see that well so i had to manhandle him out of there (oh the joys of being at festivals lol)
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Its not something that can be helped though, its not like other festivals aren't exactly the same. I love download, I make sure I have a f*ck load of money to take with me, I expect it to be expensive, just like any other gig I go too.

I just realised this seems like a dig, it isn't, I very nearly ended up in the same situation last year. Not fun.

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

its fine it didnt seem like a dig at all and i know that getting crushed in crowds or people passing out will happen at any festival you go to
    and i knew it would be expensive i just didnt think it would be that expensive if you get my meaning
    anyway its all good and i'm making sure that i have plenty of money to take with me so i wont be in the same situation
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

Senior Member fear_the_shedevil's Avatar

Just bought a download phone

You can get them from tesco's for a tenner. They only do the basics which is all I'll need. Not risking taking my all singing and dancing phone.
    Jodie

Yeah, I'm definately getting a cheap phone, considering I lost my [spare] phone on the first night of Reading last year.
    Think I might get one from Orange, so I get Orange Wednesdays.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

I bought my tickets (had flights for months) and the next day my favourite band were added to the lineup. I really cant wait, gonna be so good
    Peter Petrelli is my hero

maybememories6@hotmail.com

1.2mm Monroe
    1.6mm Septum
    3.4mm Lobe
    1.6mm Tongue
    3 Microdermals
    1.2mm Daith
    1.2mm Conch

I just switch to an old phone I have lying around, it does the job and a lot of the time the battery lasts longer!

Download will be more and more expensive, it doesn't help that donnington track is closed this year because it got so water logged recently that its destroyed, luckily download operates around it rather than on it. Phew!

My phone is old and cost about 5 quid so it wont be too bad if I loose it, and I doubt anybody would want to steal it!

EDIT: Well my favourite band backed out and got replaced with 12 bands Ive never heard of. Great.
    Last edited by Laura - Marie; 05-07-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    Peter Petrelli is my hero

maybememories6@hotmail.com

1.2mm Monroe
    1.6mm Septum
    3.4mm Lobe
    1.6mm Tongue
    3 Microdermals
    1.2mm Daith
    1.2mm Conch

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast