Page 97 of 101 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101 LastLast

Thread: Uni chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna1 View Post
    some of them are 4 or so hours away :/ best start saving me pennies
    Yep but wouldn't it be s**t to decide you liked a place based on their website then get there next September and find it's not you at all. I travelled to London and Glasgow for open days, it's definitely worth it to see what they're like
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

I'd definately say open days are worth it, even if they're far away. I'f you pick somewhere 3/4/5+ hours away, you really need to feel confortable there, becuase you won't be able to pop home.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

Quote Originally Posted by Flo[ProActiv] View Post
    Passed my second year with an average of 66/2.i.
    Really pleased I only need a 2.i to get onto an MA at the end of 3rd year, so feeling quite confident about that now.
    Congrats!
    Were you able to sort some volunteering out?

Quote Originally Posted by elby View Post
    Congrats!
    Were you able to sort some volunteering out?
    Thanks
    Yep, I'm going to working at the quiz desk at a museum down the road over the summer holidays. Just need to sort out my CRB check, and go in for a training day at the end of July.
    Right ear: 3x lobe [1x 8mm], rook.
    Left ear: 2x lobe [1x 8mm], auricle, tragus, conch
    Other: Septum, nipples

I am Flo, the short and buttery one

I want Pat's babies

No one misses the quiet kid...

My boyfriend got his results today and he got a 2.1! Very proud

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

Congrats to him Kate

I just got my results for a 10 point module through the OU and did very well, and I got the results from my first essay on my 30 point course and I got 80%. Woop!
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

I still havent had my results, no one told us when we were getting them (on any course it seems) then theres been rumours tht letters would be sent home end of june, put onto our uni portal and on mycourse. So far nothing.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Actually kind of excited to start my course in September (it's only A-levels and yes i'm 3 years late doing them but still). I'm hoping the english part is going to be really good . At the same time though I want a bit of a break;i've been in education since leaving school and had I gone down the conventional route I would've taken a gap year already!
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Soph, I did As levels and then went and did a college course so I was a year 'behind' everyone without a gap year by the time I went to uni. My *Best* advice would be to take a year out after you've done your A levels if you are planning on uni... Otherwise you may find you burn out or change your mind about what you want to be doing! I think I may have been more ready for uni after a break if I am honest (not that I regret going ofc!)

That aside I hope your courses go well and are as shiney as you think they will be!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Thanks Ku! I know i'm doing it the wrong way round but really I think it'll be ok for me. I'm definitely hoping to do that, hopefully i'll have a job etc inbetween, but who know's what it's going to turn out like? Still, after doing this course the plan is to take a year out to evaluate everything really. I have to go enrol on the 1st of August-amazing how fast it comes round isn't it?!? Nearer the time i'll actually be terrified.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook