Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: Uni chat

Just to allay more fears...the shared kitchen that was on the floor in my halls was fine because to be honest, no-one ever used it! From time to time someone would be making a bit of toast but that was about it. I was in catered halls though to be fair.

r.e. the bathroom though, the cleaner(s) came in every day without fail and I can honestly say that I never had a massive problem. In fact, I found it worse when I moved out of halls and into a shared house. One of my housemates seemed to have real issues in flushing the loo, even when it wasn't just a wee....

Quote Originally Posted by ciderxwithxrosie View Post
    Haha oh yeah, I know people going so I'll be enjoying at night or two out there and crashing :p
    Haha, awesome

As to nervousness...I can't f*cking wait, I just want to get away from here!

With shared facilities, you don't always get cleaners though. In the halls I was in, there were 6 people to a flat, and we had a shared kitchen/living area to each flat, and ensuites. Our cleaners only did hallways/stairs/lifts - anything beyond the door to our flat was our responsibility (including bathrooms). I kept most of my pans/plates in my room after the first few months otherwise people (well, one person in particular who was a complete twat) would use them and not wash them. We hoovered the hallway a grand total of once in the year haha. The kitchen got gross sometimes, but I just kept my own stuff clean - I wasn't cleaning up after them. I'm glad we didn't have a cleaner, would've hated someone coming into my room =/

Quote Originally Posted by myhappymassacre View Post
    Sounds like a good decision Rosie- why waste time and money doing a degree you don't have a passion for? Bemuses me that some people in my year have chosen to do English at uni when they only turned up for about a quarter of our English lessons, came without a pen, couldn't struggle through Jane Eyre, had to get special extensions on their coursework, and have done two retakes of their AS. Mental. (Obviously, not saying you're like that at all!) Good luck with the nursing

Is anyone else really, really nervous about uni? I am. We're going to do about three weeks of life drawing at the start, and I suck badly at it :(. I hate feeling out of my depth. And I'm worried it'll be like secondary all over again, not really fitting in with a 'group'. I wish my best friend was going to be in London, but she's going to Leicester.
    Haha you're right, there's a lot of pressure for teenagers to go straight into uni from college/sixth form so a lot of people just pick something and don't think of the consequences or opportunities it'll give them. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to my heart which always wanted nursing and I chose to listen to the "do something academic" side in my sixth form college and now it's gonna bite me on the arse because it means having an at the moment unwanted gap year (though I'll probably be okay once I'm into it - I've got a job, I volunteer, I'm close to doing my practical driving test, I'll be able to start flat hunting for student housing with friends already at the university early and I'll have no college to distract me). I'm going to give trying to get in this September by asking them to change my course a shot, though I'm sure it'll be full by now, and if not then whatever, I'll get there eventually

-hugs- the beautiful thing about university is everyone is in the same boat. Just like your first day of school, you'll all be nervous and quite desperate (in a good way) to make friends so I think you'll find many opportunities to get settled quickly. Don't worry about the life drawing aspect until you're there doing it
    ROSIE!

4 piercings
    1 tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Intra_venus View Post
    I've never thought of sex as some big important thing. Just something that feels nice that I like doing. Like going to Thorpe Park, it would be fun with anyone, but doing it with someone you love is an added bonus!

So life is suddenly getting very intense :( enough to put me off uni, haha!
    I'm Katie (:
    Current mods: conch, navel, tragus, lobes
    Wants: nipples, nape, forward helix, hip MD.

Facebook (:

I'm ready to go back to Uni. I miss my friends and freedom there and oddly enough, I even miss classes!
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I just graduated Uni - I went to Glasgow Uni and loved it.

I kind of miss it and keep thinking 'if I had a time machine and could go back and do it all over again, I'd do things better, make more friends, speak up more in class, join in more of the stuff that scared me etc...'. But truthfully, I don't think that would be possible anyway, it's just nostalgic wistful rubbish. Some personality traits always stick with you and you can't really ditch them, even if you try. I'm a bit less shy than I was 4 years ago when I began my degree, but still shy just the same. I couldn't ACTUALLY do the entire degree any better...!

Just submitted my 3rd Java assignment eeep. I still get scared every time I submit something, haha. Only one more assignment for this module now, then my exam in October (which I am 100% dreading, wahhh!).

Then I start a Visual Basic (lol) module in September, and an IT one in Feb which looks a bit boring...hopefully this will be an easyish year though. Then the year after I'll be doing some design & e-business modules which I'm looking forward to. And the level 3 modules after that look really cool too, even if it seems like foreverrrrrrrrr away.

i've just done my first year of five of a PT applied chem degree all went well and im now looking forward to going back to uni in october. My course is structured strangely my 2nd year is easier than first year lol, i got first for my first year in my 3 modules (70 credits) but these dont go toward my final mark unfortunately, if 2nd year is easier and I got firsts on the harder modules im well in Im working full time and uni PT and i like it that way

Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    Ah noooo, you're not meant to tell me things like this lol

There tends to be a lot of posh "horsey" types do vet med as well
    its weird though, when you actually talk to people very few of them are like that, its just when you're walking about
    Got: R Nipple @ 1.6mm (2/10/07)
    L Nipple @ 1.6mm (16/11/07)
    Both lobes @ 1.6mm (16/2/08
    2nd lobe (Right) @1.6mm (17/7/08)
    L Nipple (vert) @ 1.6mm (9/8/08)
    Septum @ 1.6mm (29/8/08)
    Tongue @1.6mm (11/10/09)
    "No God, Only Me" tattoo - 15/06/10

Retired : Inverse Navel @ 1.6mm (10/5/08)
    Microdermal (chest)
    2nd lobe (left) @1.6mm (14/6/08)
    PA @ 2.4mm (16/12/08)

well, once you study economics at all, you realise that magic does exist, only we call it money.