Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: idiots my writings bad

I don't see how my post was offensive. I even told him what was best to do. Don't lecture me about etiquette, I politely told him that he we could help him better if he wrote more clearly. If I knew what the reason was, of course I wouldn't say anything! No reason to attack me.

I'm sorry for insulting you, it certainly wasn't my intention. I hope you are well.

Quote Originally Posted by I am iron man View Post
    It's in the rules at the top of every section that personal attacks are prohibited and that everyone should be respectful etc etc
    So now a polite suggestion is considered as a personal attack? Great.

Maybe I should put more smilies i my posts, that could change the "tone" in which the text is read...
    Last edited by Drynwhyl; 02-17-2010 at 02:34 PM.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Telling somebody that you don't even bother reading their post because of the quality of writing is pretty demeaning tbh.

It may not be a personal attack, that just seemed relevant to the topic in hand, but it was disrespectful.
    Shaun

Scalpelled - Stretched - Pierced - Inked

Honestly, I get annoyed when I have to decipher what it says. So do many people.
    But this is different, so I offer my apologies to anyone I may have offended.
    I wasn't trying to be mean or anything, so you didn't need to call me an idiot right away. I can't just presume every time it's because of a medical condition.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by beardedgaz View Post
    i have problems with writing and reading after an accident so some times its not to good when i post i carnt always use grammer ect as it not my fault but comments that come across , because of this and people saying they carnt be arsed reading the neanderthol writing and threads i make i find offensive and realy make me think about using the site atall thought the idea was a forum to help people that dont know all about a topic or ask for help i use the shop a lot but find the forum realy getting on my nerves but for the people who do try help thank u......
    I am sorry you have been made to feel like this but don't let it put you off using the forum, it is useful goldmine of info if you are still wanting to find out about piercing and it would be nice if you stuck around.

It's great that Drynwhyl has appologised so hopefully things should go back to normal for you now.
    I know you shouldn't *have* to but if you are worried about future comments why not put a cheeky note in your sig saying something like "My spellings are bad, get over it" just to make it light hearted? Just an idea.
    Hope to see you around xXx
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drynwhyl View Post
    I don't see how my post was offensive. I even told him what was best to do. Don't lecture me about etiquette, I politely told him that he we could help him better if he wrote more clearly. If I knew what the reason was, of course I wouldn't say anything! No reason to attack me.

I'm sorry for insulting you, it certainly wasn't my intention. I hope you are well.

So now a polite suggestion is considered as a personal attack? Great.

Maybe I should put more smilies i my posts, that could change the "tone" in which the text is read...
    I think you hit the nail on the head really, no one can tell the tone of which a post is written, I've written loads of things on here which have come across blunt but really didn't mean to!
    Love Pinks xXx

Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist

wow i only wanted so show people its not cause im stupid or lazy i just struggle dont wanna start a war but i apperciate the defence of every one i find the american fella a twat thow as hes posted comments against other people on that thread o well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    have one nipple, 10mm stretch ,tounge,, pa ,and tattooed every were retired top of ear labret ,tragus

The "American" fella has appologised twice now and really don't see he deserved that mate.
    Love Pinks xXx

Skin diver wrist

Get over it! Someone moaned about your writting. Cry-more!

There is a difference between trying to read a heap of undecipherable text and poor grammer. If you find it so difficult to communicate, that is what technology is for, i.e. its your responsibility to communicate yourself well, so if you want your posts to be read easily you could spell check things (yes its effort, but to be honest if you struggle to communicate without aid maybe you should put in more effort in anyway, to help yourself)

Yes forums are not an english test, who cares about perfect grammer, but at the end of the day forums are a means of communication and require text to be understood, hard to decipher posts make communication difficult. Personally I think it is the person who has issues with english to fix it rather than just expect people to understand from the off. If you know how bad your english is maybe state that so people can give more care and consideration rather than assume you are just un-educated.
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 02-18-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12