Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tragus, again!

Default Tragus, again!

Hey guys!
    Well, a lump appeared yesterday or the day before on my tragus. Of course, I've heard of keloid scarring and that, but is it one? It's soft, and seems to have liquid in it, but it isn't weeping or anything... I did try to burst it [I know, probably not a good idea], and I think I did, but no sign of it?
    When I take out the stud it kind of flops over the hole and nearly covers it.
    I have a picture without the stud, but it isn't very good, but any ideas guys?
    Hey, I'm Tríona :3
    Current;
    -Septum
    -L: 3x Lobes
    -R: 3x Lobes
    Want;
    -Conch
    -Medusa/Labret
    -L & R Nipple
    -Scaffold (requiring bravery!)
    Retired;
    -L Tragus
    -L Nostril

just keep doing salt soaks on it twice daily and it'll go down
    i have one too, its rather annoying but ohwell :P

&& if i were you, i wouldn't keep taking it out :/
    just leave it alone, ss it and it'll be fine
    Carrieee

Have:
    Lobes (R) X 2
    Tragus (R)
    Helix (R) X 2
    Conch (R) X 2
    Lobes (L) X 2
    Snug (L)
    Conch (L)
    Industrial (L)

Tongue

Want:
    3rd Conch (R)
    Nape Microdermals ?

sorry for the double post, but soaking it in warm camomile tea will ease the swelling
    Carrieee

Have:
    Lobes (R) X 2
    Tragus (R)
    Helix (R) X 2
    Conch (R) X 2
    Lobes (L) X 2
    Snug (L)
    Conch (L)
    Industrial (L)

Tongue

Want:
    3rd Conch (R)
    Nape Microdermals ?

Is this the one you had gunned or whatever not long ago? Why on earth are you taking the jewellery out? :| Do you have suitable jewellery in there (i.e. not a butterfly backed stud)?

I've been trying not to take it out, but I was at the doctors and her was trying to stick his light thing into it, so I had to. He passed a comment on it and when I went home I had a good look at it.
    Salt soaks are working, it's going down and isn't as painful, though there is a tiny scab on it.
    It is insideout, I still have a butterfly back in there, but a titanium labret stud is on the way, though I should have got it about 2 weeks ago, my order was delayed... It should be arriving from Monday onwards, hopefully.
    Current;
    -Septum
    Want;
    -Conch
    -Medusa/Labret
    -L & R Nipple
    Retired;
    -L Tragus
    -L Nostril

Quote Originally Posted by PolkaBunny View Post
    I've been trying not to take it out, but I was at the doctors and her was trying to stick his light thing into it, so I had to. He passed a comment on it and when I went home I had a good look at it.
    Salt soaks are working, it's going down and isn't as painful, though there is a tiny scab on it.
    It is insideout, I still have a butterfly back in there, but a titanium labret stud is on the way, though I should have got it about 2 weeks ago, my order was delayed... It should be arriving from Monday onwards, hopefully.

eeeek. dont touch it and get it changed by a piercer. who ever put a normal earring in it, dont go back there :s

Close it, let it heal, the lump will disappear in days, not weeks as it will take remedying it with stuff in there...then get it redone properly with the new jewellery you bought. Chances are the new jewellery you bought won't even fit unless you bought 20ga (the size of a butterfly earring stud.)
    Got:
    3 x Microdermal Anchors vertically, back of neck.
    Left eyebrow 16ga
    Left nipple horizontal 14ga
    10mm lobes (Initial 5mm, scalpel to 10mm)
    3mm outer conch right ear
    3mm left tragus
    Central labret 14ga
    Right nostril x 2 18ga
    Rook (Left) 16ga
    Septum 8ga

See ya lata bitches:
    Vertical Helix Orbital (2 x 14ga)

Want:
    MORE MODS!

We’re. Meant. For. Something. More. Than. Living. Just. To. Put. Food. On. Our. Plates.
    I. Can’t. Help. But. Wonder. Why. Should. We.
    Par-ti-ci-pate?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    Close it, let it heal, the lump will disappear in days, not weeks as it will take remedying it with stuff in there...then get it redone properly with the new jewellery you bought. Chances are the new jewellery you bought won't even fit unless you bought 20ga (the size of a butterfly earring stud.)
    This is true if it's 20g - I was assuming it'd be 16g because all of my gunned piercings were, but it does differ! Tbh taking it out is the best idea anyway, but pretty sure everyone told her to do that when she first said she got it done with a gun so I figured it probably wasn't likely, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Tbh taking it out is the best idea anyway, but pretty sure everyone told her to do that when she first said she got it done with a gun so I figured it probably wasn't likely, haha.
    One or two people recommended to take it out when I thought I had an ear infection, but how long would it take to heal, then get it redone? I could do that, but I love the placing!
    The bump has disappeared with salt soaks, so yay on that part, but jewellery was the wrong size.
    16G fits in the hole, though the stud was apparently smaller than the regular size, though how that works I don't know...
    Current;
    -Septum
    Want;
    -Conch
    -Medusa/Labret
    -L & R Nipple
    Retired;
    -L Tragus
    -L Nostril

why dont you just take it out and get the other tragus done? I wouldn't imagine theres too much variation in the placement of tragus piercings- I know piercing too close to the side of the face is not good but a decent piercer will know how to place it properly for your anatomy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast