Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253

Thread: Rollergirls?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    I really want to, I just can't commit to every sunday because of my work, I'm expected to work all weekend, every weekend. I long to join roller derby so much though, I've been banging on about it for ages but I don't want to let people down!
    This - I miss TONS when I'm offshore :(

Is the newbie training session always on a sunday? That's poop. Ours is a wednesday night.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

This thread makes me sad because I kind of miss skating :( At the same time I don't miss all the bitching and the drama so I suppose I'm happier in a way...meh
    I'm Emma

I have: 2 x 8mm lobes; scaffold; tragus; conch

Tattoo on upper thigh - Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas
    Done by Billy the Bastard
    Custom Inc, Glasgow
    14/09/2010

Crow tattoo by Tiny Miss Becca @ Jayne Doe

Stag tattoo by Piotr Gie @ Rock n Roll Dundee

Fox tattoo by Amy Savage @ Jayne Doe

Gallery - Deviantart - MySpazz
    - EBay

Who would know
    all the reasons you're alone?
    If the seeds were planted firm my dear
    would the branches tear it all apart?

Just as I start making progress, I have to go offshore :( boooo.

I made my first serious attempt at crossovers this week, I've got one foot in front of the other so far :P lol

^ Tegoz, did you give up skating?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Haven't updated here for ages!

After months of debating with myself, I finally made the move from skater to ref last month. Basically, I love Derby, and I love skating, but I really don't like contact! I tried and tried to get past it, but realised I was pushing myself to do something I'm not cut out for. I'm totally happy with the move, and loving every minute. OMG it's so hard to get your head around the rules, spot everything thats going on in the pack, and spot them in time to call penalties, but it's brilliant! I have a lot of work to do on my skating, but my transitions and derby stops are slowly getting there!

We have our first home bout of the season tomorrow, and I'm down to do trackside repairs and a stint on the Merch stall. I love getting involved, even if I'm not skating!

Thought I'd post a pic taken last week - we had the London Roller Girls Rec league down to scrimmage with us, and got a rare pic of our ref crew all together.
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

I keep coming back to the idea of taking up roller derby and there's a team nearish to me with practice I could probably actually get to. I haven't skated for about 15 years maybe more and I was never particularly good at it. I'd quite like to practice just skating before I get in touch with them but I wouldn't even know where to start with buying skates
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Do it!!!!! I was hesitant at first but don't regret it at all. I looked ridiculous for the first while but that's ok. As for skates, I'd see if anywhere close by sells them in store so you can try some on (the sizing can be a little different and you don't want mis-fitting skates). Otherwise, look for local-ish online retailers and talk to them about sizing. I know some of the Canadian retailers will get you to trace your foot etc to make sure you get a good fit (worked for my first set). Also rookie packages are a cost efficient way to get all basic gear in one go.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

I remember watching roller derby as a child.