Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 41424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Rollergirls?

Ugh, the tongue problem sounds yucky... I forget, what boots do to have?

As for the toe guard, I just take some good ole hockey tape and stick em down. Mine used to flop around cause I will never ever tighten my toe-area laces enough to hold them in place just with laces. The tape will get all ratty every once and a while and need to be replaced but it works just great. And, eventually you won't even need to wear them

Our travel team just played their first new-rules full bout this past weekend - soooooo rough and great. Our A-team is going to the Canadian nationals in Mach. Wish I were going to watch but its a ~ $800/8-9 hour flight or 47 hour drive to get there. Why is Canada so friggen big and $$$ to travel???
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Inter-Canada travel is crazy expensive! I have family in the East and when we went over we were thinking about flying to Toronto, staying a few days or so then flying on but it made the journey like 300 more expensive each!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I have suregrip Rebels ... I think if I can't secure the toeguards with something (I'm thinking kiteline might work) without hurting my feet by lacing too tight, I'll just ditch and go with hockey tape.

Btw, how do you stop toestops from coming loose? Plumbers tape in the threads?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Inter-Canada travel is crazy expensive! I have family in the East and when we went over we were thinking about flying to Toronto, staying a few days or so then flying on but it made the journey like 300 more expensive each!
    I know eh :( Unless you're on the major flight routes, its ridiculous. Its sad cause it means most Canadians haven't even seen a fraction of their own country. Sigh.

PS: Did I ever actually respond to your pm about derby?? I wrote out I super long response but I can't tell if it actually ever sent. It doesn't have that little green arrow beside it :S

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    I have suregrip Rebels ... I think if I can't secure the toeguards with something (I'm thinking kiteline might work) without hurting my feet by lacing too tight, I'll just ditch and go with hockey tape.

Btw, how do you stop toestops from coming loose? Plumbers tape in the threads?
    Right! I just wrap the hockey tape on top of the toe guards. Double protection

My plates have an allen key that super tightens around the threading but I know a lot of girls who have used plumbers stuff with their toe stops. PTFE tape can work but some people go right to blue loctite. It seems to be the best best for problematic toe stops...

Edit: I posted this picture before I think but it shows how I incorporate the lacing into the snouts then into the next set oy eyelets (which keeps some tightness to hold the snout w/o over-tight laces). Then I cover the whole deal with hockey tape.

Last edited by DehTripper; 02-01-2013 at 04:23 PM.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Rollerskating was so much fun! Stupidly nervous when I got there, but once I got out, esp with Jordan's help (going round like a lil couple holding hands with sweaty palms lol), did so much better! Think it's cos i'm more relaxed when someone else is talking and taking my mind off it, it's when you start to think about skating that you start to go. Going to look into skates when i'm home.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Scarred_pierced

You looked at skates yet? I want to find a place to practice without paying loads or keeping to silly rules

I have, but not within budget yet. Will keep looking though, cos agreed for the same reasons.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Sophie have you thought about second hand skates?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Scarred_pierced

I got mine second hand off eBay, worn once. I did tell her to check out ebay. I do want some proper ones eventually.

'Her'?! Cheers lol. Checked ebay, i'd be quite happy to get second hand, but it seems my size is popular!Will keep looking though.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook