Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Rollergirls?

^ aww Anne, everyone I know has days where it all seems to be poor. It just takes time. I agree with Emma - baby steps like gliding on on foot will help a whole lot of other things. Along with watching youtube videos and walking in circles like you'd skate, I find doing similar motions but sticky skating helps. Its a weird feeling to have a foot on the wrong side of the other, but it'll comes with time. Sometimes when I skate ante-derby wise I still need to think about it. Just really focus on picking the outside one up and putting it right in front of the other. Slowly start moving it further and further over. The back foot will come logically afterwards.

As for inline vs quad - I havent ever skated inline but from friends who have it is pretty different, especially stop-wise and balance. Plus I'd imagine the lack of ankle support is weird as well.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

It's been all change for me - I made the decision last weekend to leave the league I was in, and transfer to another one. I wasn't getting what I wanted from the league, and the training times had become awkward due to moving etc. I have now joined a more established league. It's gonna be a lot harder but I can't wait to get going!!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Geesh I forgot about this thread. Thats a hard decision. How are you settling in to the new league??

What about the other girls on here who were joining fresh meat - Jordan, Anne, etc???

It's awesome! 2 of the other girls from my old league have also joined me now, and things arn't looking too stable at my old league so I left at the right time.
    The skating is at a much higher level, but it's great to be involved with a league that's actually bouting. Will be re-doing minimum skills in the next few weeks, so I'm trying to get in a lot of practice!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Thats great to hear. It takes a lot a lot a LOT of work to run a league and sometimes it just doesn't work out if you don't have a large group of dedicated people to pull it off (or whatever reason). Especially when it comes to hosting bouts - so many little things to get together let alone the fleet of officials. Will you be tested with the new rules that just came out (yay no more minors!!)?? I know that they don't officially go into effect until January but its so close... Also, are you aiming to be a bouting skater or ref now?

And edit: Wanted to add - anyone who's been around derby a bit, this blog is HIGHLARIOUS!!!! http://rollerderp.tumblr.com annnnnnd oh so true to life.
    Last edited by DehTripper; 12-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I hoped there'd be a rollergirl thread! I'm planning on joining one of the Birmingham leagues in the new year. Ordered my skates, just waiting for them to arrive so I can find out whether or not I can't actually stand in them...
    Current - 8g lobes, right ear tragus and helix, septum, horizontal nipples.

Future - left ear anti tragus, smiley, navel, inverse navel, VCH, Christina, tongue.

Retired -
    left ear scaffold.

Planned Tattoos - something in circular Gallifreyan, half sleeve on right arm.

^ I see from your other thread that you joined. How's it treating you so far?

can't say that i have! i've watched a few matches before though.

I'm a rollergirl. =D

Well, training to be, I guess. I've not passed minimum skills yet. Even though I've technically been with my team a year, due to being at uni and having other commitments (and then being the other side fo the country for six months a year) I've only really had four or so months training.

I do love it though. ^_^
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

^ same, I miss a lot due to working offshore. Plus more normal excuses like colds and moving house and christmas - last night was my first time on skates in far too long, and I'm really glad it was the first night after a freshmeat session cos it was back to basics

I need to do something about the tongue in my right skate, the edge of the leather is turning down and trying to eat the top of my foot, it's incredibly painful!! I had to stop early last night :(

Also need to find a better way to attach my snouts/toeguards. The way I get up & down on my right foot pushes toeguards off to one side so I need to use snouts ... but the ones I have are too long so I put normal toeguards over the top to sort of hold them back. This makes lacing stupidly awkward!
    Need to put some thought into this .....
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue