Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Rollergirls?

I did find some 'cheap' skates on ebay but they look cheap. And they're like a plastic boot. But maybe just for beginnings that would be ok. Gotta get back up on that horse, its been years since I've skated!
    call me:Tabby, Tab, Tabby-cat...Whatever you like!
    Current Piercings :
    First Holes 1.2mm | Second Holes 1mm | 1.2mm Helix | 1mm Nostril
    Piercing Wish List: Tongue, conch, nipple (x2), VCH
    Tattoos : Hidden pentacle on right hip and Zabi with flower on my left foot

Yeah, I thought all the cheaper ones looked a bit crappy.. MAybe Ill ask the girls on the London Rollergirls forum to reccomend a cheap pair! I don't really want them to fall apart as soon as I use them!

I know what you mean! I found one, reasonably priced, then looked at the picture and the back of the boot is falling off! lol. Couldn't believe someone was trying to sell it like that to be perfectly honest. But I've hinted to the boyfriend that I want some, so I'll see what he says

If the London Roller Girls recommend anywhere to find cheap skates online could you pass it on please?
    Current Piercings :

Yeah, deffo... They have a few online stores the reccomend but theyre all for the really good, expensive skates, so I'll have to ask...

Yeah the Dragon Dolls recommended a website, but I really can't afford 75 at the moment for a pair of brand new proper skates.
    Current Piercings :

I actully would pay up to 50 for a starter pair, just cos I'd like to learn on a half decent pair, as they may make it a bit easier for me, rather than struggling with a crappy pair!

They did suggest buying some cheapo ones off Ebay and just replacing the wheels with some better ones.

All the experienced Rollergirls seem to wear a brand called Ridells which are really cool looking but about 300! I wish I knew a brand of cheap skates... A lot of the cheap ones on ebay are called Oddessey, maybe Ill ask about them..

Quote Originally Posted by katie03 View Post
    Roller Derby is a lot of fun and you meet the most amazing people. I've been training with Bedfordshire Roller Girls for 4 months now and I'm having the best time.
    Argh, that's the team I'm not joining D: (the times of the training sessions were too akward for me) I'm going to have a go with the Rebellion Rollergirls, does that mean we're enemies? lol!

I really like that everyones saying they get on with their team and stuff, that's what I'm most worried about, not making a fool of myself attempting to skate!
    I agree that some of the ebay skates look a bit rubbish, but I'm just going to get some cheapo ones to start off with and then if I enjoy it save up for some awesome ones. I've never skated before, so I think I'm going to have a good month or two just learning the basics, which is plenty of time to save! I'm really looking forward to it though, I keep having little daydreams where I'm amazing at it

Heh, I keep doing that... I worry that I'll look an idiot, but I think as long as you laugh it off, people will laugh with you, not at you. Plus, there is usually someone worse anyway!

I always worry with teams that if I mess up and screw it up for others that everyone will hate me, so thats the worst case scenario that I play over in my head... But with the London Rollergirls, every few months they do an intake then a 'boot camp' where they get all the new girls in every saturday for 4 weeks for kinda intensive training, so hopefully I'll meet some friends to learn with in that!

lol I would be willing to spend the 75 if I had the money! May need to put out some more hints to the boyfriend though. I don't think he gets it lol! I may just buy a really really s***ty pair and just replace the wheels and the stopper. Would do for now I suppose. Well until I get used to skating about again.

I wanna make more 'like minded' friends out of it. Most of my friends aren't really like me.

Edit: Just emailed one of the admins for the Dragon Dolls and hoping to hear back from her soon. Just asked her what tips she would give to someone who is thinking of starting out and where to find cheap skates.
    Last edited by Tabbyx; 01-22-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Current Piercings :

Yeah, a lot of my mates are very... I dunno, unadventurous is the word I guess... Like, they like to go to the pub, and Camden,and thats it! Plus I noticed a llot of the London Rollergirls have big tattoos, and I'd like to meet more women with mods!