Page 49 of 53 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Rollergirls?

Scarred_pierced

I've jut moved and I'm the other end of colchester now, making it impossible to get a train to be in chelmsford for 9am!!! I'm just going to have to try out when they next have intakes :(

Jordan, I can put you in touch with my friend in Colchester if you like, and she should be able to give you a lift.
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

So, I Just have to let out a little bit of excitement - my league has THE Bonnie D'Stroir booked just for us all weekend for a crazy-awesome training camp!!!!!!! I remember watching her videos (like below) sooo many times when I started skating. Hopefully I won't be too star stuck to skate

Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Thats awesome - I subscribe to her on FB, and I want to download a couple of her MP3 files.

We were talking about getting the UK equivalent, Kamikaze Kitten, to come and do a bootcamp for our team - I'm so hoping it's gonna happen!!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

I have my first derby bruise! teeny little thing about the size of a 5p coin on the inside of my wrist. We were doing hip whips for the first time last night, bf completely took my feet away and I went down on my hands and chest. Was a bit winded but thank god for wristguards!

He didn't even wobble. :P Swine.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

^How's it going nowadays Anne??

Seasons nearing an end :( We're about to host the Atlantic Canadian Championships in a couple weeks
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

I'm a bit stiff today after training last night (I didn't stretch enough after, we finished kinda late) and tbh I don't feel I'm doing very well. We had a minimums session last night, I sucked at everything except knee falls :(
    I can't do crossovers cos I missed the session where we were shown them. Can't do t-stops (or hop or glide) cos I can't balance on one leg while rolling. My plough stops are poor. Laterals are poor. Weaving is poor.

I can skate in a straight line but obviously there's not much of that with derby.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Anne, you have only been doing it a little while!

Crossovers - get your one foot glides mastered first - you will feel more confident to crossover then. Crossovers can be a huge mental block for a lot of people. There are some good videos on You Tube that break it down. I just went for it in the end, and you realise that it's actually pretty easy - it's just about confidence.

I totally sucked at one foot glides at first - now I can do it for as long as my skates will roll for. My plough stops still suck! You have the best plates for weaving. I skated on a friends She-Devils on Wednesday (Powerdyne Triton plates), and my god they felt awful. I realise now how well the Avengers turn!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

how easy are quads compared to inlines?

Quote Originally Posted by aurora73 View Post
    how easy are quads compared to inlines?
    Never skated inlines in my life, so couldn't say!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!