Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Haiti Earthquake Crisis

Default Haiti Earthquake Crisis

Thousands dead most likely, I read about a hospital ripped in half with hundreds if not thousands of sick (obviously..) people heard in side screaming before it collapsed.

sources;http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34829978...news-americas/
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6985798.ece

This guy is posting pictures from Haiti

http://twitter.com/lisandrosuero/
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

I'm surprised this hasn't had more response on the forum tbh. This is disaster on such a massive scale, it's very hard to fathom.

Thoughts go out to all those affected, and I hope people can find some spare cash/items to help those in need of aid. I've donated to these guys before: http://www.yele.org/ but there's hundreds of charities offering support.
    Last edited by .Only.Streetlights.; 01-14-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

I was really quite shocked when this happened...

July last year I went to a volunteers meeting and we were talking about our new action plan for the next two year. The plan was "Put Haiti On The Map".

We were talking about how it's a country that needs help but because it's surrounded by "upper" areas it almost gets forgotten.

I really do remember discussing it and one of the points being "What happens if they have a tsunami or and earthquake or something?" (comparing it to Thailand etc. etc.).

I really hope they can get the help we need. I know we'll be getting new posters and donation box covers in the shop in a few days if we've not got them already and we'll have a huuuuuge influx of donations for them as well.. which unfortunately doesn't help.
    ,.-~*'"'` Rach `'"'*~-.,

Piercings

Current:

2 pinnas (Left Ear) * 4 lobes (Two Each Ear) * Navel * Tongue * Tragus * Duel Nostril (Right Side) * Spiderbites (Right side) (Retired but I want them back!)

Tattoos

Current:

Memorial Tattoo Of A "B" With Wings

Funniest forum member 2010

Joint winners: Chumley and DavyBobMacca

The most sarcastic forum member 2010

Winner: DavyBobMacca

They've had lots of donations for aid thankfully, I donated 20 earlier via the british red cross website this afternoon.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't had more response on the forum tbh. This is disaster on such a massive scale, it's very hard to fathom.

Thoughts go out to all those affected, and I hope people can find some spare cash/items to help those in need of aid. I've donated to these guys before: http://www.yele.org/ but there's hundreds of charities offering support.
    It's hard to think what to say to something like this though... its SO bad that I dont even know what to say to it. I think a lot of people are really surprised by the scale of the disaster and are just kind of speechless.

... that or we're all a bunch of self-centred losers. I dunno.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post

... that or we're all a bunch of self-centred losers.
    I'm definitely one of those, however, I thought it was worth starting a topic for discussion.

It's horrible. It makes me realise how lucky we are here in the UK. Everyone gets so wrapped up in stuff like immigration, speed cameras, taxes and wheelie bins, that we forget about how others suffer.

I've looked around but I can't find any charities for Haiti where you donate via Paypal... does anyone know one?
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Certainly puts the troubles weve had with the snow into perspective :/

Ironically, I just got an email from Paypal a few minutes ago, telling me how to donate to Oxfam's Haiti Appeal through Paypal! Done
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast