Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Lip Piercing

Exclamation New Lip Piercing

I just got my lip pierced 6 days ago. I know a lot of people ask about the stud making an indent in there lip and that it's totally normal because of the swelling, but mine is also making an indent-type thing on the outside.

At some points I can run my finger over it (with clean hands!) and can't even really feel it (but I can see it). Today when I woke up it was indented in my lip and I tried to push it out and it kinda got stuck. It eventually popped out. I know I shouldn't be playing with it, but I'm afraid it's gonna get stuck!

There is also goop coming out of it and it's crusty around the edges. I've been taking Ibuprofen and icing it as well as cleaning it with H2Ocean (which is what my piercer recommended). Is this normal at all? It is really freaking me out. I'm afraid that this is not normal at all.

Sounds like the bar isn't long enough. I'd go back to your piercer and have a longer one put in.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Okay. It's 1.29mm (didn't mention that before).

Do they usually charge to put a new one in?

dunno were not all from the u.s.a

1.2mm is normaly the diameter of the bar, the length (dependant on lip thickness an swelling) is normaly between 10-12mm mines now at 8mm...

most places over here they pierce with a longer bar to accomodate swelling, then u go back 1-2 weeks later for a downsize, which should be free
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

My length is 16mm which the piercer said was good for the swelling. As I'm sitting here, it is really indented in my lip. But most likely in a few hours it will be fine again. It is weird.

Keep drinking cool water to keep hydrated and help reduce the swelling and take some ibuprofen or something that will bring the swelling down.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Thank you guys, by the way. This was my first piercing (besides my ears) and I'm just worried. Sorry I sound so new.

What was it like when you got it done? Oh and have you got any pics?
    Sorry I just want to know a bit more cos am looking to get mine done!!
    Have:2 pairs lobe, tragus, forward helix tongue, navel, Tribal heart pattern on lower back, Star just above ankle, Fairy on waist , Capricorn symbol on wrist, 'J' behind ear, Heart below hip, Coloured stars from back of neck across right shoulder, Pattern on hand by thumb, Initials on out side of right wrist, Pattern on foot, 3 Flowers on left arm
    Retired:
    Tragus md, 2x wrist skindivers

When I got it done it looked totally fine! I cannot handle pain AT ALL, and I was actually having a mini panic attack. And then he did it and it felt like getting a shot and then it's done. At first it didn't swell (which I've heard is normal), but the next day is when it started to swell. The only pain I've really had is from the swelling.

And I actually called my piercer and he said that I can go and get it replaced free of charge, but yesterday and today it actually seems okay. If I need to go any bigger, I'd only say like half a size (if they do that!).

hwwp://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/jasminemr/Photo0106-1.jpg (sorry, can't post pictures yet! Replace the w's with t's!)
    That was right after I got it done.

Also, my friend said the piercer did it wrong and it's way too low. Is that true? I can't really tell! When I look in the mirror it doesn't look THAT low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast