Thread: PA scarring

Default PA scarring

Hey, I had my PA redone about two months ago, and the exit hole's a little red still. It's also developed a little bump at the front of the exit hole. I can only assume it's a little lump of scar tissue, it's very firm and hard. It doesn't cause any discomfort, but the area's a little tender.

I have a 22mm CBR in it at the moment, and it's at 3.2mm (the gauge at which it was pierced.) I'm thinking the ring's a little tight, seeing as the 'scarring' is on the inside, and it also seems to pull a little on the meatus.

I was wondering what you guys would suggest to help alleviate the problem- I stopped doing seasalt soaks a few weeks ago as suggested by my aftercare instructions, but perhaps I should start again? I'm also thinking about changing the ring, but I'm not sure if bigger is the way to go. The next size up is 25mm which is a fair jump, and who am I to know that it won't cause more problems?:P

If a photo'd help I'm hapopy to oblige. I can't really go to my piercer because I live over 100 miles out=\

Sorry for going on a bit, and thanks!

not that i know much about PA piercings... but sea salt soaks can help a great deal in reducing scar tissue and any problems that can occur with piercings. it's probably a good idea to start the sea salt soaks again.

Hehe thanks a lot I know it worked on my tongue and the last time I had a PA too. I'll give it a try I guess=)

If the salt soaks donít work, you could try temporarily down-sizing to a 2.6 thick ring and regularly massage it with sometime like that Bepenthen stuff that Spike talks about. Itís meant to be really good for lobes, I dunno whether it work the same on your wotsit, but might be worth a try.

You might be able to reduce the bump but I suppose you need to prevent it happening in the first place.

How wide did you get the hole up to last time? How long ago was it since you let it heal up? Could it be related to the previous piercing?

But I suppose if itís only recently developed itís unlikely to be that. Must be something to do with the size of the ring. A 25mm diameter ring is quite big for PA. Whatís the 22mm ring like size-wise, could it be too big rather than too small? Could you try a curved bar bell in it to see what thatís like? :?
    10mm PA, 5mm septum, baby rook, nostril, loads retired | *gold star*

My last PA came out faaaar too high, practically on the corona next to the frenum. So my new one is quite a distance away, and on the other side of the frenum. I left the first once heal for about 6 weeks before getting it redone, and there was no scar tissue or tough tissue left after it, just a tiny pinprick of a hole.

I could downsize I suppose, but I'm a bit hesitant, I had it pierced at 3.2mm because I'm not a fan of stretching:P

I thought it might be a bit too big diameter-wise, but by the looks of it it's not.. but what I am to say? It pulls a bit on the inside edge of the holes when I'm erect, but isn't uncomfortable.. I don't think so anyway. Maybe I've just gotten used to it haha

Thanks for your suggestions=)

Any updates on this?
    I just got my PA done about 4 months ago and I have the same IDENTICAL problem as you, and it is not going away...what do I do?

22mm sounds like a large diameter to me, Ive a 3.2mm x 19mm BCR in which is pretty much perfect, real comfortable. From similar questions asked before generally people have found 19mm to be a much more comfortable size. Maybe a diameter reduction would help?

...Jus me two penny's worth
    Piercings:

Left Ear: 15mm Lobe (Scalpelled @ 12mm) 2xCartellidge @ 1.6mm, Conch @ 3.2mm

Right Ear: 1" Lobe, 4mm dermal punched inner conch

Body:
    PA 4mm

Would like: More dermal punching, lobe scalpelling, more conch stretching and some more genital work perhaps?

Facebook
    DnB Project Myspace

To be honest i thought 22mm sounded very large, experiment with a few different sizes, another thing you can try and not to want to contradict Chumley but try going up a size to 4mm, mucossle tissue responds much better to larger gauge piercings.
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

So... I don't mean to revive an ancient topic... But... I've been unfortunate and am experiencing scarring around my Prince Albert... Is there anything else I can do than downsizing, or salt soaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamhere View Post
    So... I don't mean to revive an ancient topic... But... I've been unfortunate and am experiencing scarring around my Prince Albert... Is there anything else I can do than downsizing, or salt soaks?
    Please start your own thread. Thanks.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network