Thread: The Awful Piercing thread

  1. #3971
    Senior Member Coraz0ndeOro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb-2009
    Location
    West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    5,484

    Default

    Didn't watch the video but ugh, I hate when people are like "don't get such and such piercing because I got an infection, they never healed, etc." when in reality it's because they did it themselves, went to a crappy studio, or didn't take care of them.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

  2. #3972
    Senior Member Sneferie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul-2012
    Location
    Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Yeah, I think it's funny how people inexperienced with piercings think that all people will experience a particular one the same way when there are SO many variables that can determine how it turns out.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?




  3. #3973
    Senior Member ThatPsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Didn't watch the video but ugh, I hate when people are like "don't get such and such piercing because I got an infection, they never healed, etc." when in reality it's because they did it themselves, went to a crappy studio, or didn't take care of them.
    I agree - people shouldn't put others off a piercing because of someone not doing their research. Cheek piercings are difficult and a commitment, but she clearly didn't understand that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneferie View Post
    Yeah, I think it's funny how people inexperienced with piercings think that all people will experience a particular one the same way when there are SO many variables that can determine how it turns out.
    Exactly.
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 10-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

    Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

  4. #3974
    Senior Member allstarleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan-2008
    Location
    Hull, East Yorkshire
    Posts
    209

    Default

    Although she was a bit of an idiot for letting her mate pierce her and then on top of that changing the jewellery way too often and way too quickly, I do kind of feel a little sorry for her. It's bad enough losing a piercing you really love without going through the trauma of having to get corrective surgery too :/

    I'm glad she plans on getting them re-pierced professionally and it hasn't put her off cheek piercings though.
    Current: tongue, navel, 18mm lobes, right tragus, Monroe, septum

    Retired: nose, Christina piercing, diagonal navel piercings

    Want: VCH


    romanticwithouthope.tumblr.com

  5. #3975
    Senior Member ThatPsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2011
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    3,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allstarleigh View Post
    Although she was a bit of an idiot for letting her mate pierce her and then on top of that changing the jewellery way too often and way too quickly, I do kind of feel a little sorry for her. It's bad enough losing a piercing you really love without going through the trauma of having to get corrective surgery too :/

    I'm glad she plans on getting them re-pierced professionally and it hasn't put her off cheek piercings though.
    Hmm, I would hate to go through that.

    Hopefully she doesn't go to a place that numbs and that she takes care of them better if she gets them repierced.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

    Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

  6. #3976
    Member Culbrelai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct-2012
    Location
    Detroit, MI, USA
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Okay, i read through the first ~75 pages and now im scarred for life... at least I'm not literally, like these people...

  7. #3977
    Senior Member IzzyMeadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug-2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    741

    Default

    I started doing research into piercing after I had my second helix gunned. I decided on a nose piercing and my sister-in-law told me to let her mom pierce it with a gun, that's how she had hers done and it was "less painful than a needle". I had already read how bad guns were and tried to explain it to her, she still wanted her mom to do it. I went to a professional anyway. She was actually mad at me for getting a professional nose piercing over her mom's gun. She has pierced everywhere the gun fits with it.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

    10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

    future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    ,
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both








  8. #3978
    Senior Member Felidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr-2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,968

    Default

    Good for you for sticking to your guns, she's definitely in the wrong here and is too proud to accept the idea that she might be wrong!
    Saz
    Piercings:


    2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

    right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

    left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

    nose


    Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!


    Spikey is my BJS Wife

    Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

  9. #3979
    Senior Member kitebunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov-2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Good for you for sticking to your guns, she's definitely in the wrong here and is too proud to accept the idea that she might be wrong!
    Hahaha




    (I'm so easily amused)
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

    Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

  10. #3980
    Senior Member IzzyMeadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug-2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Hahaha
    (I'm so easily amused)
    I kind of thought the same thing lol. I am just shocked at the places she'd pierce with a gun.
    Hi, I'm Megan.
    current:
    1st and 2nd lobes, both sides
    double helix,daith left
    tragus, conch, right
    nostril, right

    10g septum
    standard navel
    VCH
    Christina
    tattoos:
    lily on left rib, needs a quote to finish

    future possibles:
    industrial,
    double outer labia
    ,
    philtrum,
    second nostril
    retired:
    horizontal nipples both








Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •