Thread: The Awful Piercing thread

yuck! at least hot topic is mildly innocuous staying to cliche alternative clothing (save for the crap stretching advice and poor jewelry). i just can't understand how anyone would think a tattoo/piercing from that kinda store makes sense. it reduces an art form to basically just another band shirt you can pick off the wall :(
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

I don't think it matters too much where a piercer works, but if they don't have the right knowledge or training then yeah it's ridiculous, also the fact that they target young people with extremely low offers is simply dangerous. In many areas where there is a BB a decent piercer will often speak of the work they have to fix or remove because they botch so much.

If my piercer worked in a store that sold clothing, as long as it was still the same level of work/hygiene then I wouldn't care but the fact these people are sales staff deluded into thinking they can pierce is just scary.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by snicky View Post
    Navel piercings on 13 yr olds are okay? oh my.... About the nostril piercings I can't really talk, since I got mine at 11. But still, 13 for navel piercing is... weird.That you can get (male) nipple piercings at 16 with no need for consent amazes me a lil bit too. You need consent for lips/septums/tongues, but nipples? Come right in! *facepalm*
    I don't understand the septum part... males can get their nipples pierced at 16 without consent but you have to be 18 for a septum piercing? What in the world?
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

They use guns at BB too. An acquaintance who works there thought the nose wasn't cartilage...
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

Current Tattoos: Custom Cat/cherry blossom thigh piece.

Previous: Navel, tongue frenulum, helix + snakebites.

Future: More tats.

http://apiercinglove.tumblr.com/

Do some scrolling and you have a picture of a gunned earlobe where the back has sunk in. Underneath that is a picture of it after it's been dug out. I wanted to vomit.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

That pic alone should be pasted on every Claire's window.
    Labret, Nostril, 6 x Lobes, 3 x Helix (2 X stretching), Tragus, Daith & Inner Conch
    ~ I'm Faye ~

Quote Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
    That pic alone should be pasted on every Claire's window.
    +1
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I think Blue Banana's a cool shop for clothing, most of the people who work there are pretty cool, but i've been to Blue Banana twice with friends who got piercings there (nothing I said could convince them to go to the good piercing studio in our city!) and it was just bizarre. One guy was rude and didn't seem to know what he was doing, and the other time this lady was really friendly and professional. What is the training for BB piercers anyway? I don't get why people would go there over professional piercing studios, it's not like the price difference is huge.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

My friend got a skin diver from blue banana for 5. I was interested and was like oh where do you get skin divers from? And she said blue banana I was like oh my god, needless to say it fell out and bled constantly!
    Piercings: Tongue Piercing (1.6mm), Tragus (Left Ear - 1.2mm), Navel (1.6mm) Central Labret Pierced (1.2mm), Conch (Right ear - 1.2mm)
    Retired: Left Nostrill, Right Nostril (x2), Septum Piercing, Helix (x2), Collarbone Piercing, Tragus (Right ear), Scaffold, Eyebrow
    Tattoo's: ​Stars with swirls on left foot. Owl on right thigh (want cover up). Butterflies on wrist.

Ugh skin divers suck. So skin diver+Blue Banana = you're gonna have a bad time...to be fair, anything + Blue Banana = you're gonna have a bad time.
    Current piercings
    4x L&R lobe (2-00g 1sts *GOAL!*),Conch - Conch Industrial, Left helix, Right daith, Right outer conchx3, Paired nostrils, Centre Lip, Medusa, Tongue, VCH, HCH, 2x inner labia, Septum, double triangle, triangular fossa V.2, tragus V.2, Dahlias

Current Other mods: 14 hours of tattoos and a 2nd generation magnetic implant

"It's not infected. Stop touching it."