Thread: The Awful Piercing thread

I typed 'gauges' into tumblr so I could be a right asshole and correct everyone, and came across this:
    "Sized up again today. From a 14 to a 6 in 3 days."

da fuuq.
    Hey, I'm Jo (:

Current piercings: Right & left ear: 8mm, 1.2mm orbitals .Tragus(right only). Centre vertical tongue. Right Nostril x2. horizontal 1.6mm Nipples. septum.

Current Tattoos: Custom Cat/cherry blossom thigh piece.

Previous: Navel, tongue frenulum, helix + snakebites.

Future: More tats.

I registered here just because of this thread. Holy crap!!! So much horror I can't believe what people will do to themselves, and how bad they'll let things get before seeking attention. I can't post pics or links yet, but I have a few horror stories of my own. Case in point- Back in high school, my boyfriend, his brother, and their best friend got a hold of a piercing gun. They went to town on each other, piercing their ears & noses, and I think one of them even did his eyebrow with it. Needless to say, they all got infected & generally looked like crap(bad placement, HUGE 4mm ball studs on nostrils, etc), but they strutted around like they were just the baddest boys on the block

My own ears have been gunned to near-death as well. I got them pierced at the mall for the first time when I was 10, and while they healed OK, the holes were slightly uneven & I never noticed until I began stretching them in 2010. Now you can tell that the right one is off ever so slightly by about a millimeter or so. It's not that noticeable unless you really look, but it still bugs me. I've had them pierced all the way up to the helix on both sides with guns too, just because I didn't know any better up until a few years ago. I always changed them too soon which resulted in bumps & infections, & I have 2 little grey 'tattoos' on my right ear from wearing silver earrings too soon. I'm shocked I even have ears LEFT after how badly I took care of them when I was younger. I'm 31 now & my ears are finally healthy again(aside from the silver marks, which I'd give anything to be able to get rid of). I now have 4 holes in each lobe, the first ones stretched to about 1/2 an inch(7/16 if I'm wearing double-flared plugs), and both traguses(tragi...?). I can't understand how people can go so crazy with stretching, pushing their ears to the point where they split. It's like they just want to have the biggest ears possible no matter how much pus they're oozing >.<

I also had my nipples pierced at a dodgy little shop when I was 18. They pierced the right one way too shallow & too low, and put these absolutely HUGE rings in them. They were like an inch across! I could barely wear a bra with all the pressure. The right one rejected within a few months, it got so bad that i could see the ring through the skin, and I ended up taking the other one out cause I can't stand asymmetry. I was so mad. I wanna get them redone but now I've got scar tissue & it hurt bad enough the first time around :S
    Last edited by phendraana; 04-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Not really a bad piercing but really bad jewellery choice. Too big acrylic crescents FTW.

Gotta love facebook.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Looks like they're doing the "push a tapered piece of jewelry though gradually" thing... Whyyyy do people think that's a good idea?
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

mis-education and shops/companies selling crescents with directions to do exactly this. :(
    Piercings:
    L Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, snug, industrial, daith, tragus
    R Ear: 13mm lobe, 8mm lobe, 4 x helix, rook, tragus
    Other: 6mm Tongue, Septum, bridge/erl, 2 x philtrum

Retired:
    Christina, Left eyebrow, Industrial (R Ear), 5mm lip

Tattoos:
    Star on left forearm
    'Freedom' in script on right forearm
    GITS Neck Ports
    Dragon Quest Slime on left wrist

Cosmetic tattoos:
    Eyeliner
    Eyebrows (‘retired’)

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    mis-education and shops/companies selling crescents with directions to do exactly this. :(
    Exactly, the vast majority of info out there is wrong and if anyone has BJS on Facebook it's very apparent why this stuff happens.

Tis all bout the money...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Ugh, this thread lives up to its name! Absolutely vile. Brb, cleaning my piercings!!!!
    Piercings
    Left ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, outer conch, inner conch and helix.
    Right ear: Two x lobes - one of which is stretched to 3mm, inner conch.

Retired
    One x helix piercing on each ear, inner conch, two x inner helix, tragus.

I've seen too many blowouts to consider stretching my ears. Love how they look but too many horror stories

But it's so easy to stretch your ears without blowouts! Don't let idiots put you off!
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Josebean View Post
    I typed 'gauges' into tumblr so I could be a right asshole and correct everyone, and came across this:
    "Sized up again today. From a 14 to a 6 in 3 days."

da fuuq.
    Ha ha! That made me laugh, 'cos I'm sure a correct freak. I even annoy myself sometimes that I'm like it, but I just can't help it. Plus...calling one thing something when it's another thing altogether bugs the cr*p outta me.
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.