Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: How your parents/family react to your mods?

so far i have each ear done 3 times, a scaffold, my nose and belly button. Dad hates them and always says "i don't know why you've got to mutilate yourself like that!" etc. mum likes them, sister likes them and has many herself and tattoos, brother generally thinks i'm a freak. lol. Boyfriend's family thought they were gross. lol. Tattoo is next on the list :P

only one my parents kicked off at was my tongue piercing

tbh they are more bothered about my tattoos than the piercings i used to have

Quote Originally Posted by Microdermal Melissa View Post
    I am also a Roman Catholic, never heard any rules about piercings or tattoos...
    I dont think there would be a problem with piercings from the church, so i dont see why your family would take that stance
    In fact tattoos are rife among people as a form of expressing their views, especially Catholics, like say rosary beads and crosses
    Three of my tattoos are religious, and my next one will also be
    Its not so much that the church frowns upon them, but my parents take the stance " if god wanted it there, he would of put it there" if he wanted metal bars in my ears, nipples and other areas he would of put them there. if he wanted pictures drew on my skin, again, he would of put them there. I know, its ridiculous
    Sherry*

Piercings: lobes L+R X 3, navel, left horizontal nipple. left lower lip
    Tattoo: tribal dove, right upper ribcage.
    Want: conch, industrial, tragus, rook, surface bars on both hips.
    retired: Sternum x 2 :(

Senior Member Microdermal Melissa's Avatar

haha yeah it is ridiculous alright
    parents are strange creatures

tell them if god wanted us to drive we'd have been born with cars attatched to our ass
    or possibly we should go about naked
    hehe
    I have:
    1lobe at 5mm & 3standard lobes -- 1 Tragus--- medusa --tongue -- tongue web---
    nipple--- navel--- vch --- fourchette - vertical labret

I used to also have:
    nape surface bar, 4microdermals, 2 lobes and hand web, madison

Tattoos
    Arabic on side rib cage
    Irish script top to bottom my spine
    Irish writing both feet
    Genital Tattoo ...

my mum hates them, and always says "do what you want" when I tell her what I'm planning on getting, and gets pretty annoyed and upset. My dad is indifferent, he thinks they're cool. But doesn't really care about them!

My mom is totally okay with my nose piercing. Dad is ever the "no comment" guy. My grandmother that has seen the piercing wasn't all that happy, but she resorts to saying, "At least it's small and doesn't look like a booger". The rest of my family doesn't really know, or hasn't seen or commented on it.

they only prohibit my nipple
    - you are my sunshine -
    - you are my drug -
    - you are my love -

Quote Originally Posted by slec21 View Post
    Its not so much that the church frowns upon them, but my parents take the stance " if god wanted it there, he would of put it there" if he wanted metal bars in my ears, nipples and other areas he would of put them there. if he wanted pictures drew on my skin, again, he would of put them there. I know, its ridiculous
    That's just stupid. When I was in primary school we had a church employee who came to speak at our school and he also held part of the church service and he had a central labret with a long spike! Though the Evangelical Lutheran Church is a lot more liberal than Roman Catholic Church.

I had a lot of fights about ear lobe piercings in my teenage years, now that I'm out of the house they don't really give a shit. My dad will tell me he thinks they look bad, but they don't actually complain. If I started getting more facial piercings though, they would throw a shitshow. Neither of them is modified except for single lobes on my mum.

My mom and brother are disgusted now that my nose is actually pierced. They don't say a word about it. It's kind of annoying. It's not THAT horrible.