Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    some people also stay in pointless and loveless relationships and don't marry.
    ... or don't divorce
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    ... or don't divorce
    Yep, that's what I was explaining in my last post. Marriage isn't for everyone, some divorce, yet some people stay in unhappy long term relationships despite not getting married. Suppose what I was trying to say is that a relationship is a relationship, married or not and some people will stay in them for the wrong reasons married or not.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I don't think I want to get married simply because I would be doing it purely for the actual wedding (and the dress ) rather than the marriage. I'd rather use my £££ on a mortage, giving any offspring a comforatble upbringing, and on actual memories for the relationship such as nice holidays, the occasional meal out etc.
    That said I understand that it could be nice to make that kind of committment in public, in front of all of your loved ones, so I might change my mind. Also, I don't believe that children should only be born in wedlock or anything like that (I certainly wasn't), but on a personal level I think if I did get married I would like to do it before having kids.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Yep, that's what I was explaining in my last post. Marriage isn't for everyone, some divorce, yet some people stay in unhappy long term relationships despite not getting married. Suppose what I was trying to say is that a relationship is a relationship, married or not and some people will stay in them for the wrong reasons married or not.
    Agreed.

Being scared you might lose something is not a reason to never have it in the first place.

I don't think everyone should get married, completely personal choice. But if you're going to break up you'll break up whether you're married or not.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Seeing as you now need a minimum of 20% deposit to get a mortgage, I suspect the number of marriages will fall dramatically!

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    Agreed.

Being scared you might lose something is not a reason to never have it in the first place.

I don't think everyone should get married, completely personal choice. But if you're going to break up you'll break up whether you're married or not.
    Yep, you worded it better than me haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

If you're truely in love.. than do it! Basically.. ha

Perhaps I'm old fashioned but a sign of committment, maybe? A way of affirming something? Also, if there is a break up then because of the legislation (although in practice it's not always the case, far from it), less of a chance of one of the parties getting screwed over.

Oh I love the innocence and naiveté of some of the remarks...makes an old cynic feel all warm and fuzzy inside. No...wait...its just gas!
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    Oh I love the innocence and naiveté of some of the remarks...makes an old cynic feel all warm and fuzzy inside. No...wait...its just gas!
    Please elaborate
    Got : tongue, rook, helix (x3), tragus, conch (x2), lobes (x4)
    Retired: daith, tragus, helix, wrist, daith, navel
    Tats: not enough