Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on marriage?

Sooo agree and yes I know what you mean about the church thing, I sort of wanted to get married in our local church but it would be pretty hyprocritcal as I'd just want it as a venue and for the memories it held (school, my grandma got married there etc) as I'm not religious. :p
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The church id like to get married in was my sunday school and brownies church, I was christened in a different church. You can get married at any church if a parent or grandparent got married there or you were a regular attender for a few years. I'd feel cheeky asking them to leave out the god , which they will if you ask.

Its an odd idea, society sorta pressures you into a big wedding for the wrong reasons, but the real reason is love and the event shouldnt matter really if you get me

Yeah I had one friend that did that. She got married at 21, spent at least 2 years planning it then they must have spent around 15 grand and are now in a fair bit of debt because of it. It was a gorgeous day, but my other friend got married in a registry office on a much lower budget and it was still amazing. I was sat there crying as her dad and her stepdad gave her away, my OH at the time was just laughing at me...men eh

I think if I got married I'd just bugger off abroad, get married then come back and have a huge party. I'm not fussed about the attention, tbh I think I'd find it all really awkward. So quiet wedding then a nice boozy Irish party back here hahaha The only thing I'd be funny about is changing my surname, I love my surname and I'm such a stubborn bugger I'd like to keep it even if I got married.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

I wouldnt like to be the centre of attention at all .... but im just shy

what is your surname ? im the same by the way mine is fleming but my birth name was rookes, hated rookes , think fleming is awesome as im a scientist with a wakky name now ha

Quote Originally Posted by bekki2308 View Post
    You can get married at any church if a parent or grandparent got married there or you were a regular attender for a few years. I'd feel cheeky asking them to leave out the god , which they will if you ask.
    Not at the church I went to, the priest was pretty much horrible to us when we went to ask about getting our son christened going mad asking why we weren't married and why my husband didn't have a job. He then went on to smoke like a chimney in front of my son who was only a baby at that time and harp on about why hadn't we attended church (we'd only just moved back to the area) so to be honest he upset me so much I wouldn't have even bothered asking and I couldn't have seen him being willing to do anything but a religious service in there....oh and there was about 10 crates of stella in the hallway...wonder if he was called Jack? LOL!!

Needless to say we did the registry thing and got my son christened at a lovely church near where we live now.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

blimey was that C of E ?

Slightly unrelated but why did you get your son christened if you're not religious?
    (for some reason I read that in a kind of bitchy way but it's totally not meant to be haha, just curious!)

I wouldnt like to be the centre of attention at all .... but im just shy

what is your surname ? im the same by the way mine is fleming but my birth name was rookes, hated rookes , think fleming is awesome as im a scientist with a wakky name now ha
    Tis Killarney, so not one you come across that often heh.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Quote Originally Posted by insideout View Post
    Slightly unrelated but why did you get your son christened if you're not religious?
    (for some reason I read that in a kind of bitchy way but it's totally not meant to be haha, just curious!)
    It's fine! I'm not religious but my partner sort of is and both our families are (his VERY much so) aaaaand, one of the best schools here is a catholic school. I know some people slate you when you say it's to get them in a school but sorry if that's what it takes for my son to get a decent education then I can take any amount of verbal abuse. Also I did tell the priest I wasn't catholic but I did believe in Christan values and was honest that I may not attend church every week as me and my husband both did and still do work on sundays. He was fine with it and said he totally understood. The school and the church are next door to one another and very much linked and I do a lot to help them both out

blimey was that C of E ?
    Nope, Catholic. The priests that have preceded him have all been amazingly lovely, when I voiced my concerns about him a number of people concurred they didn't particularly like him. I find that rather sad for those that really would like his services for a wedding etc
    Last edited by Boo; 10-11-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    It's fine! I'm not religious but my partner sort of is and both our families are (his VERY much so) aaaaand, one of the best schools here is a catholic school. I know some people slate you when you say it's to get them in a school but sorry if that's what it takes for my son to get a decent education then I can take any amount of verbal abuse. Also I did tell the priest I wasn't catholic but I did believe in Christan values and was honest that I may not attend church every week as me and my husband both did and still do work on sundays. He was fine with it and said he totally understood. The school and the church are next door to one another and very much linked and I do a lot to help them both out

Nope, Catholic. The priests that have preceded him have all been amazingly lovely, when I voiced my concerns about him a number of people concurred they didn't particularly like him. I find that rather sad for those that really would like his services for a wedding etc
    I was talking in terms of C of E lol theyre much more liberal and understanding . Im not catholic went to a catholic primary school but I decided long ago I didnt agree with catholicism but their churches are so much nicer lol .