Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    I'm wondering what everyone thinks about.
    When the right time is to get engaged/married and how long the engagement should be.
    Whether you believe in it or think they can last, etc.
    Also, who do you think should propose?
    Traditional with the man or contemporary with the female?
    I know I'd rather the guy propose to me, but if I thought the time was right and we'd talked about it with a likelihood of it happening and they just hadn't made the move yet I'd probably do it myself.

My personal opinion is that marriage is lovely but some people rush into it only to end up divorced anyway.
    I would never want to be proposed to earlier than a year into a relationship and wouldn't marry someone without living with them for at least 6 months first.
    The engagement to me should last at least a year to me just to make sure things can last that long, why not wait if it's meant to be yanno?

I'm hoping I can be married by 22, at the latest 25.
    Maybe it sounds young for some and naive of me with me being only 18 and all, but if I can get married earlier then why not?
    And not just because, it's just I feel like I'd like to get my life/family started asap, as long as it's with someone I think I could be with forever.
    I agree with you, I would love to get married early but my boyfriend and I cant afford it right now, we are going to wait until we both graduate from uni and even then we'll have to save for ages :(

I don't want to get married. I don't see the need. I'm perfectly capable of being committed without having a piece of paper to prove it.

That said, I'd love a wedding. Just a huge party with family and friends with loads of attention on me and how gorgeous I look (; haha.
    Current piercings: 1.6mm side labret, 1.6mm medusa, 1.2mm anti-eyebrow, 1.2mm bridge, 2x nostrils, 2x lobes, 16mm and 3mm.
    Planned: 24mm lobes, cheeks, second side labret.

Current tattoos: owl on left forearm, Mischief Brew lyrics on calf.
    Planned: roses on chest, skulls on feet.

I was with my ex for 7 years. We started living together 3 years into the relationship and we got engaged 4 years into the relationship. We were engaged for 3 years and I kept putting off the wedding. Each year, I'd push it up to the next year. We broke up in the beginning of March of this year. I just didn't feel like he was on the same page as me after all those years. I didn't feel like I was "supposed" to marry him. I used the "I don't need to marry him, I'll be with him whether we're married or not and it's just a piece of paper" excuse all the time but now that I think back about it, I think that was just me trying to justify my own doubts about marrying him.

I never believed anyone that said they "just knew" they were going to marry someone, but now I do. I knew shortly after I started dating my current boyfriend that he is the man that I'm going to marry. I've known my boyfriend for over a year and a half, even though we've been together almost 6 months. So, that makes the marriage ideas a little less sudden and weird to me, haha! I'd marry him tomorrow if we had the money to do it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was never all about marriage before. Now, I can't wait to marry the love of my life.
    Current: 20g Lobes, 18g Traguses, 14g Septum, 12g Standard Navel, 14g VCH, 14g Tongue.
    Soon to come: Rooks, conches, helixes, 1 more lobe piercing in each lobe.
    Contemplating: Vertical labret, nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerta View Post
    I don't want to get married. I don't see the need. I'm perfectly capable of being committed without having a piece of paper to prove it.

That said, I'd love a wedding. Just a huge party with family and friends with loads of attention on me and how gorgeous I look (; haha.
    +1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Well yeah, I agree it depends on the people, I'm just saying for me personally the way I listed it is how I want it to be.
    If another couple wants to get engaged earlier than a year then more power to them, I just don't think I could tell if the guy I was with was marriage material before that.
    Age probably has something to do with it too, when you're older and have been through a marriage or engagement before things will probably end up changing.
    i had a plan just like urs only i would have been married by 25, fully qualified in my job as a vet nurse, and my own car buuuut i'm 27, a single parent, a cleaner as i havnt been able to study a lot.....still gettin busses to get around sooooooo without being a party pooper ur plan probably wont go the way u would prefer
    Current piercings:

Both lobes
    both tragus
    upper left cartilage
    navel
    vch

want:
    tounge
    monroe????

I'm not sure whether i'd get married or not, I wouldn't spend insane amounts on a wedding, like the 150k I saw a woman spend on 4 weddings.... not worth it to win a couple of grand honeymoon.....
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerta View Post

That's pretty much why I got married, plus I wanted to have the same surname as my son People don't need a piece of paper to show commitment, to me marriage is a lovely way to celebrate your love and devotion for someone. Bit like saying what's the point of going out on your your birthday it doesn't mean you won't get older. But we like to celebrate!!!

I also cannot understand people who spend a fortune on their weddings, insanity if you ask me. Our wedding pretty much ended up costing nothing due to re-selling my dress, hubbys outfit and sons outfit, room hire was just a temp deposit, cost of actual marriage was just the license and grub was about 100 for over 100 people cos we kept it simple. Relatives gave us money rather than gifts as we'd been together 5 or so years already so it pretty much didn't cost us anything. Oh and our honeymoon was a night out at Rockworld in Manchester, had to get back for the little one
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    That's pretty much why I got married, plus I wanted to have the same surname as my son People don't need a piece of paper to show commitment, to me marriage is a lovely way to celebrate your love and devotion for someone. Bit like saying what's the point of going out on your your birthday it doesn't mean you won't get older. But we like to celebrate!!!

I also cannot understand people who spend a fortune on their weddings, insanity if you ask me. Our wedding pretty much ended up costing nothing due to re-selling my dress, hubbys outfit and sons outfit, room hire was just a temp deposit, cost of actual marriage was just the license and grub was about 100 for over 100 people cos we kept it simple. Relatives gave us money rather than gifts as we'd been together 5 or so years already so it pretty much didn't cost us anything. Oh and our honeymoon was a night out at Rockworld in Manchester, had to get back for the little one
    sweet
    I like this idea , but I dont think ill ever get married. I like the idea but Id never want to spend money so a small budget one would suit me

I know a few couples who just got married at a registry office (the one in Bolton where I got married is stunning) at a cost of around 80, just no need for it to be expensive, it baffles me how people also spend 3 years planning it as well...wtf?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I dont understand it. Im totally against a huge expensive wedding with huge expensive reception.

If I get married I'd like to get married at my local church but then it would be expected that i'd wear a big dress, do the cars, do guests etc etc . Id want a small ceremony only but doing that in my church would be kinda funny. A low key thing in a register office doesnt raise any eyebrows. My view is that if youre meant to be together you will be whether you get married or not and the dress, venue, flowers, cars etc dont matter

My mum organised her second wedding with 3 weeks notice !