Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your thoughts on marriage?

I think a lot of people dont take marriage seriously enough anymore.

Whether you look at it as a religious or a civil commitment it is still as symbolic and important.

I dont think its something that should be done lightly although to me it doesnt matter what gender the people are, what religion, how long you've been together or what other circumstances are applicable. It must come down to love, trust and the willingness to do everything in your power to make it work.
    So far i have......

Left lobe 1x 1.2 1x 5mm
    Right lobe 1x 1.2 1x 1.6
    Right tragus
    Right helix
    Nose
    Left side of lip
    Tongue
    Left industrial
    ​Right Nipple

Tattoos

8 pentagrams down left side of my back
    Tree of life on left arm
    RAF Pin-up on right leg
    Triple moon goddess symbol on left forearm
    ​Horned God symbol on right forearm

http://www.facebook.com/Masinor85

personally marriage for me isn't important,the only thing that really gets me is when people don't take it seriously-i mean,no-one knows how their lives are gonna work out,and i think a lot of the time people will just promise things that they can't deliver.instead of promising to love someone forever,which let's face it-how do we know we can-just be happy enough to live in the moment.ugh,plus the whole catholic/gender thing really pisses me off-at the end of the day with all the shit that's going on(worldwide)it's pretty amazing that love universally exists,doesn't matter who the fuck it's with in my opinion.just with everything varies person to person
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I personally don't feel like I HAVE TO get married to someone to prove that I love them and so I know it certainly wouldn't be something I'd ever rush into. I'm not against it, so if I ever found the right person, then yeah, I would love to settle down with them, but it sure as hell wouldn't be the first thing on my mind. I can give myself to a person without being married, despite what many have said to me (e.g. "well, why not marry them if you wanna be with them for the rest of your life anyway? Otherwise it shows you're not that committed if all you're gonna be is a long-term boyfriend"... Zzzz).

I respect marriage. When I see people rush into it full steam ahead or pop the question like its the old "will you go out with me?" bit, then I get rather cynical, but ***deep and heavy sigh*** each to their own. In the end, it's their decision. I feel that marriage is a beautiful thing between two people - not the propaganda of it all, but that bond, when it's true. That bond between man and woman, man and man, woman and woman - hey, I don't care about gender, I mean whether you're a man or a woman, if you've found that special someone who you choose to spend the rest of your life with, then who cares if they're the same sex? Love is love. And I hope the marriage works out.

When it comes to arranged marriages, both hands are up and I plead ignorance - growing up, I read a lot of nasty stuff and only saw the bad side. To me arranged marriages equalled the woman being forced, essentially enslaved and doomed to unhappiness and even murder if she spoke out. It's so easy for me to be biased and judgmental based on those memories alone. I don't wanna be like that and I'm not like that. I would love to learn more - honestly, I really would. Until then, I keep an open-mind and although, yes, there will always be those haunting stories that I remember, it can happen in any marriage. Or any relationship, period.
    "We must be the change we wish to see in the world"

current piercings:
    LEFT EAR:
    Retired almost all of my piercings

RIGHT EAR:

• 10 mm lobe stretch - temporarily retired
    • conch
    • daith
    • 2 self-pierced retired lobe piercings

OTHER:

• lip piercing - retired as of June 2010
    • tongue piercing
    • Right sleeve - work in progress
    • Half left sleeve - needs finishing

marrige is a fantasy but we all live in theworld of fantasy

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadysonBelindaRobertson View Post
    marriage after highschool is just teens being young and stupid they have their whole life infront of them and need to experience new things. If you get married after highschool things will go down the drain.
    Hardly, my aunt and uncle got married when she was still at high school. She was only 17 and they are still together and happy now almost forty years later.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

you get married then all the hell begins
    - you are my sunshine -
    - you are my drug -
    - you are my love -

cant imagine it at the moment, but oooneday!

dreamssssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Masinor View Post
    I think a lot of people dont take marriage seriously enough anymore.

Whether you look at it as a religious or a civil commitment it is still as symbolic and important.

I dont think its something that should be done lightly although to me it doesnt matter what gender the people are, what religion, how long you've been together or what other circumstances are applicable. It must come down to love, trust and the willingness to do everything in your power to make it work.
    well said, i completely agree
    Hi I'm Jayne
    L and R lobes x2, L&R low auricles, L&R conches,L&R tragus, L nostril, central tongue, standard navel

My thoughts? It'll never happen because apparently he never thinks about our future. That makes me sad :(
    I'm Emma

I have: 2 x 8mm lobes; scaffold; tragus; conch

Tattoo on upper thigh - Zero from Nightmare Before Christmas
    Done by Billy the Bastard
    Custom Inc, Glasgow
    14/09/2010

Crow tattoo by Tiny Miss Becca @ Jayne Doe

Stag tattoo by Piotr Gie @ Rock n Roll Dundee

Fox tattoo by Amy Savage @ Jayne Doe

Gallery - Deviantart - MySpazz
    - EBay

Who would know