Thread: Female Nipple Piercing Questions!

Lightbulb Female Nipple Piercing Questions!

Hello! I'm new around these parts and have a couple of questions!
    I've wanted to get my nipples pierced for several years, but haven't gotten around to doing it because I could never find the answers to the concerns I have... so here goes.

1. I have puffy nipples. When I'm warm or not aroused my nipple and areola are both a dome shape of soft, puffy skin. They almost look like a grape cut in half (It's true!). When I get cold or aroused, my areola shrinks up into a cone shape and my nipple protrudes about 2-3mms. General opinion, could they still be pierced?

2. I've called three local shops and all of them use surgical steel barbells for the initial piercing. I read that PFTE or Bioplast is actually a better material to use on surface piercings because it reduces healing time by "half" and reduces the lymph production reaction to new jewelery. None of the shops I called were comfortable with using either of those materials for initial piercings. Only one would switch to a plastic material if "something went wrong" ...which makes me uncomfortable. Am I being too picky, or is using a teflon-like material a no-go for nipple piercings?

3. I have a darker, West Indian skintone and thus have had keloid problems in the past. I had in industrial piercing for about five years and after the first six weeks, I began to develop a keloid on the top hole. My piercer changed my barbell out to a PFTE barbell and it healed beautifully with no lasting damage. I also have a scar on my upper bicep that should have received stitches at the time of the damage, but I didn't get them. It healed into a nasty keloid about .5 x 1" and has a texture akin to rubber, but it HURTS when touched. I have three piercings in each ear and a retired navel that healed with no problems... How likely is it that I would develop a keloid on a nipple piercings?

Hi,

On the first point, its hard to be sure without actually seeing a pic, but I would think you would be OK. My second nipple was actually inverted most of the time and the piercing has been fine. The nipple is now permanently out but is generally rounded in the way you describe when I am warm. The most important part will be to get the placement of the holes correct. The trick is to get the holes as deep into the real nipple as you can without going into the aureola. What I found useful was to 'pull' the nipple with your fingers and the skin folds at exactly the crease between the nipple and aureola. For example, if you want it pierced horizontally, place one finger on the breast a little above the nipple, then place another finger (from the other hand) below. Now pull the fingers apart and you should get a fold on each side which is where you should be pierced. That is what I did to explain to the piercer exactly where I wanted it. Of course it worked for me but may be different for you. I think this is quite important for you to get right in your own head rather than simply leave it to the piercer. With my first one I didnt think about it too much and it is slightly crooked when errect; with hindsight I would have made sure the piercer marked up with the nipple errect.

On the second point, I would agree that PTFE seems the obvious choice to heal quickest. OK, it may not be the most esthetic to start with, but it will probably redue the healing time. Both of mine were done with PTFE to start with and after 3-4 months I changed to a solid bar myself. Another advantage is that the piercer can cut the bar deliberately longer in case there is initial swelling. Then later if you want, they you could trim it shorter if needed. The place I went for my second one originaly told me they only did it in metal and only in a ring, however when I talked to the piercer they were happy to do it how I wanted it.

On the third point I cannot help much unfortunately. However, I would suggest getting one done first and seeing how it goes. This would also make it easier to look after just one at a time.

Cheers and good luck if you goo for it.
    -4mm left nipple - 7mm right nipple-
    -4mm frenum-

I think by what you've described I'm sure you would be anatomically suited to having them pierced.

As far as PTFE goes, I had mine pierced at the end of July this year with PTFE, and they have been absolutely wonderful! So far they have healed brilliantly, I've hardly had any lymph or crusties at all the entire time. I think the PTFE has played a big factor in the success of my nipple piercings! I have a diary on here that I made if you fancy reading that, but its quite long

I have no idea on the keloiding front, I'm sure someone else will come along and advise you on that, but by the sounds of it you've had a good experience with PTFE before so if you can find a piercer who will use it as initial jewellery you may well be fine!
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

Senior Member x_pink_orchid_x89's Avatar

You should get a piercer to have a look and see if you can be pierced.
    And i had mine done with titanium. And mines been fine, never had any problems

Piercings (14):
    R Ear= 3 Lobes, Conch (1.6) and Helix x2 (1.2)
    L Ear= 3 Lobes, Rook (1.6), Tragus (1.2) and helix (1.2)

Nipple (1.6)
    Belly (1.6)

Want:
    Nose
    2 Dermal Anchors (Nape)
    Tongue
    VCH
    4th lobes?
    Reversed navel?
    Madonna?

Tattoos :

None

If you've had success healing with PTFE than by all means, insist on it! I have horizontal ones pierced with Titanium bars because at the time, I was told by the piercer that he was not happy with using PTFE in piercings. His reason was because when he removed some from piercings he had previously done, the material had changed color and looked gross (his words, not mine). I've had no problems healing with Ti, but since you know you're prone to Keloids, you should do what works best for you.

My nipples were exactly the same as yours by the sounds of it, had both mine done with metal bars, never had any trouble.
    I had an MRI scan recently, put PTFE in for a few days, and my nipples didn't like it at all. It's fine in my tongue though.

Hi I had invert nipples before they were pierced and used suction cups to make them prominent so the piercer could mark them properly .they have been pierced for 3 months now and stand out properly even when soft go ahead it will make all the diffrence in there apearance.I love my nipples now they are pierced.The sensativity is amazing .Go for it !!!
    Hope this helps x
    Current Mods
    6 Ear piercings
    Navel
    L & R Nipples

Lower left leg tattoo
    Upper right leg tattoo
    Large lower back extended tattoo

Wish List o at the moment till nipples heal

Hello everyone!

Im seriously thinking of getting mine pierced but I was wondering how long it takes to heal. I have read it takes up to 6 months to a year but that seems kinda long. So for the people out there with pierced nipples how long does it take for a healthy and clean piercing to heal, I know infected ones will take longer.

It depends on lots of things so it is hard to get a definitive answer. Both of mine were pretty much healed after a couple of months. I think having PTFE initially helped. Healing times seem to be longer in women, maybe hormonal changes or maybe the irritation caused by wearing a bra. Best thing is just to go out and try one
    -4mm left nipple - 7mm right nipple-
    -4mm frenum-