Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Political ideology

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

it appals me that he's the PM when nobody actually voted him in.
    We dont vote for a person, we vote for the party. The party then chooses who gets to be head and therefore PM
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Out of the current leaders on offer I have a certain fondness for Nick Clegg, he's not Tony Blair like David Cameron is and I think he has some very real and practical suggestions to get us out of stuff. I think too many people don't even bother reading up on the policies, it actually really upsets me. We should vote for policies not for apparent party direction or because we like one man more than another, they're just figureheads.

In terms of direction right and left mean little to me, I'm more worried about how authoritarian or not a government is. England has a culture that works a lot better with a less authoritarian government, we don't like having a nanny state and I feel the government are trying too hard to control everything we do. I think a lot of this comes from a lack of faith in the justice system. We've always been a country that works with rule by law rather than rule by people, funnily enough the less authoritarian a government the more this is the case. Take China you get in trouble for being who you are not for breaking the laws, over here you've always been able to trust the law relates to everyone. With the expense scandal etc we don't have that trust any more. I think that's the major factor damaging our culture.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Anarcho-Collectivist here, simplistically put i would like all large scale govt to be removed and the country to be run by devolved local collectives

cheers
    froovs
    Last edited by froover; 10-12-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls View Post
    We dont vote for a person, we vote for the party. The party then chooses who gets to be head and therefore PM
    aye,
    but when we 'choose' a party, the party has a leader in situ, & if the leader doesnt appeal (you know, for being a freaky retard or something) then we dont choose the party.

To me, he is leader, but not because anyone actually wanted him to be.

Am I being naive here?
    I admit it would'nt be the first time.

Alex(thread poster),
    I dont really know how to answer the question then,

do you want to know what 'my' general beliefs are?

I find that a very difficult question to answer without sounding incredibly idealistic & immature.

I know that when i look at how parties & politics are run,I find myself extremely dispondant, dissapointed & disgusted.

Just looking through a wiki list of ideologies, this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntaryism
    sounds interesting, & seems to settlequite nicely with how I feel.
    AkA RoOf/Ruth/Roofy/Ruthy/Root & erm...that is all
    Its all Chaos & Corsets
    ★"If Carlsberg made eBayers........she would be the best eBayer in the WORLD!"★

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

To me, he is leader, but not because anyone actually wanted him to be.
    Well Labour supported him and thats how it works. i dont see anything massivley wrong with him as such, just the policies hes enforcing.

Im with Youki
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by froover View Post
    Anarcho-Collectivist here, simplistically put i would like all large scale govt to be removed and the country to be run by devolved local collectives

cheers
    froovs
    Out of interest, do you actually believe in every aspect of Anarcho-collectivism? I'v never heard of any real forms of anarchy that could ever be put in practise. Even from people like Hans Hermann Hoppe who has studied Libertarianism and Anarchism for ages, and is a self confessed anarcho-capitalist, his arguments and ideas on Anarchism never stud up to reality when scrutinised. Any way, just wondering how you came about to being an anarchist I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Perforator View Post
    Alex(thread poster),
    I dont really know how to answer the question then,

do you want to know what 'my' general beliefs are?

I find that a very difficult question to answer without sounding incredibly idealistic & immature.

I know that when i look at how parties & politics are run,I find myself extremely dispondant, dissapointed & disgusted.
    There is nothing wrong with be 'idealistic and immature' as you put it. Idealism is what creates all philosophies, not just in regards to politics. For instance I class myself as a Liberal but I that doesn't necessary mean I only take a Liberal stance towards everything, I take every issue as it comes, but in general my believes lie in a typically centrist liberal area. I don't even support any of the parties that exist at the moment. From that link you posted you seem to be an Anarchist or an extreme Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by mugger View Post
    i'd say that i'm a devout follower of the 37 year old philosophy of Me-ism. i follow the principles and ideologies of me
    Unless you are some ground breaking philosopher, than your 'me-ism' is other peoples views recycled, just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex696 View Post
    Out of interest, do you actually believe in every aspect of Anarcho-collectivism? I'v never heard of any real forms of anarchy that could ever be put in practise. Even from people like Hans Hermann Hoppe who has studied Libertarianism and Anarchism for ages, and is a self confessed anarcho-capitalist, his arguments and ideas on Anarchism never stud up to reality when scrutinised. Any way, just wondering how you came about to being an anarchist I guess.

There is nothing wrong with be 'idealistic and immature' as you put it. Idealism is what creates all philosophies, not just in regards to politics. For instance I class myself as a Liberal but I that doesn't necessary mean I only take a Liberal stance towards everything, I take every issue as it comes, but in general my believes lie in a typically centrist liberal area. I don't even support any of the parties that exist at the moment. From that link you posted you seem to be an Anarchist or an extreme Libertarian
    Well now,thats very interesting to me, having just looked at some more links, including this: http://www.chaospark.com/politics/reid12.htm

I'd say yep, libertarian seems about bang on.

Last edited by Super Penny Bizarre; 10-12-2009 at 11:18 PM.
    AkA RoOf/Ruth/Roofy/Ruthy/Root & erm...that is all
    Its all Chaos & Corsets
    ★"If Carlsberg made eBayers........she would be the best eBayer in the WORLD!"★

im a very hardcore idealist

i pretty much idolise Gudrun Ensslin and the whole Rote Armee Fraktion thing

but im also a realist, i know fine well its never all going to happen

*but* aspects of the philosophy can be put into practice and make the world a better place

how did i come to this whole scene?

ive just always thought this way and 4 or 5 years ago it all crystalised and i could categorise my stance properly

the ideas in my head matched with a lot of the anarcho-collectivist literature i was reading and i found a name for my utopian dream

cheers
    froovs
    Last edited by froover; 10-12-2009 at 10:58 PM.

I've no idea how you'd describe my views but then I don't know the definitions and such stuff so I'll just list a few of my core beliefs.

1. Power belongs to the people.
    2. The people have a right to defend themselves; this includes from the government. I have a hearty respect for the American constitution allowing them to bear arms because it (theoretically) keeps the government away from outright tyranny.
    3. Religion should NEVER interfere with politics.
    4. Children should be raised with discipline; none of this 'hug a hoodie' BS. Labour's abolition of discipline has caused Chavs. Chavs are bad.
    5. ANN must be worshipped.

So yeah, make of it what you will.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast