Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Plus Size' Cat Walk

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    Wasn't there a size 14 model a few years ago? They made a big fuss about it being a breakthrough in the press... but then she lost a huge amount of weight and became a size 8 or something? Sorry, can't remember her name.
    Sophie Dahl I think.

She started off a 14/16 and is now as thin as all the others!
    Brainiest Forum Member 2010

Tiggerlou

• Tattoos - 12 in all, plans for many more
    • Piercings - double nape, right nipple, navel
    • Planned - VCH redone (at least), another corset
    • Retired - wrist surface piercing (right), VCH, nipple (left), and navel
    • Experienced - 10 ring corset (gorgeous!)

Nah, she's about a size 8 still I think. Much bigger than most other models. I guess she probably had to lose weight for her career. Having a larger model is probably a good gimmick for a while, then the audience would be paying more attention to her than to the clothes! Plus, to be honest, a lot of the skimpy little outfits looked kinda obscene on someone with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Miharu View Post

But then again I find shops like Evans slightly insulting. You wouldnt be able to get away with having a shop that only went up to size 10. Plus sometimes I see nice stuff in there and I can't buy it cos I'm too little!
    Yes you do.

My friend is a size 6 cheerleader and I've been shopping with her in shops where I could probably barely put my thigh into the largest clothes there (they only went up to a size 8 or 10). And there are loads of high street clothes shops where you can only buy clothes up to like a 16.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi View Post
    Yes you do.

My friend is a size 6 cheerleader and I've been shopping with her in shops where I could probably barely put my thigh into the largest clothes there (they only went up to a size 8 or 10). And there are loads of high street clothes shops where you can only buy clothes up to like a 16.

*applauds*

too fricken right

many shops i go into they stop at size 14, because hey being over a size 10-14 is gross an sickening........ apparently.
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

The same thing happens every time there's a thread started about weight and dress size... If you're happy and you look good/feel good in you're own skin then that's all the matters. Less of the skinny-bashing!

I honestly wouldn't want to be over a size 12 because I know that I don't like my body as it is now, and I can imagine how I'd look if I was that little bit larger, but that's my own preference. I think if you're shapely, confident and you have smooth curves rather than rolls of flab you can look great at any dress size. It's just a label in your clothes at the end of the day.
    Last edited by SakuraChan; 09-23-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherryd69 View Post
    *applauds*

too fricken right

many shops i go into they stop at size 14, because hey being over a size 10-14 is gross an sickening........ apparently.

Same here I am a 16-18 even shop like primark who do stock larger clothes there sizes are awful places like peacocks and asda is where I get alot of my clothes asda start from size 4 and do sizes 9,11 and 13
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

im not bashin anyone, dont think genni was either, were just correcting a point that was put forward.
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

It's no wonder there are so many eating disorder inflicted girls going round the school circuit nowadays. Stupid poxy media and their 'accepted beauty images.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Less of the skinny-bashing!
    Its not skinny bashing - its so-thin-that-your-a-walking-skeleton-becos-the-designer-was-a-gay-man-who-fancies-androgyneous-boys-and-wouldnt-know-what-a-women-looked-like-if-a-hooker-smacked-him-in-the-face-with-her-boobs bashing
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Hmm, I agree with Amy. I also completely despise the term 'real women/girls' as it seems to only refer to curvy ladies- are size 4/6 people not real then? So long as being slim isn't something that rules your life, then really what's the problem?

Regarding the catwalk, saying this is a plus size catwalk is entirely ridiculous. I personally think designers are quite gimmicky when they say 'plus size models' as the clothes are often not made to fit these girls properly. It's almost patronizing. I don't think designers should feel pressure to pick models because they are 'larger'; it's essentially positive discrimination. Different jobs have different looks, we have to accept that. It's my understanding that, at sizes of around 4/6/8, there is a much more 'standard' shape figure, compared to larger models, where the position of the curves can vary hugely. So whilst I don't think skinny people or curvy people are superior to the other, I understand why smaller models are mostly used.
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast