Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 'Plus Size' Cat Walk

It p*sses me off and makes it incredibly insulting, I'm not a plus size damnit p*ss off.

Seriously plus size would have to be way above a size 16, being the average for females at least in the uk. Its just so degrading to say that 12-14 is 'plus size' No it isn't get lost stupid freaking designers.

As it is the models looked gorgeous, the right shape and size, to me 12-14 is the ideal figure, but really it depends on the person. My housemate is a size 16-18 and she looks gorgeous the way she is, it also works for those smaller than a 12.

Its just a shame that fashion doesn't realise that women aren't sticks so we could wear nice clothes that actually fit.

Its not 'first to please' though, They've been used for a while.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

On the show America's Next Top Model, there was a girl who was a size 4 and they told her she was too big..
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

A size 12 is SLIM, ffs. How it could ever be considered plus size is beyond me, and I find it highly insulting. If you saw a size 12 woman walking down the street, at NO point would you ever think 'chubby wench', unless there was something seriously wrong with you. But on a catwalk... oooh, it's amazing, look at her, she's so... fat! It's wrong, I'd have preferred them to just stick to the tiny models. At least we know where we stand with those.

The models looked amazing, but plus size? To an ant, maybe.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

It does strike me as odd that they count 12 as plus sized...

I do see why they use size 0 models. They need all girls of a similar size to fit the designer sample sizes, and skinny is skinny, you don't get many variations. At size 0, most girls will have no boobs, slim hips etc and will all fit the same clothes.

Personally I find very thin people very attractive, male and female, but I think plus size modelling is patronizing. It just doesn't seem to have a use except to make critics stop going on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miharu View Post
    It does strike me as odd that they count 12 as plus sized...

I do see why they use size 0 models. They need all girls of a similar size to fit the designer sample sizes, and skinny is skinny, you don't get many variations. At size 0, most girls will have no boobs, slim hips etc and will all fit the same clothes.

Personally I find very thin people very attractive, male and female, but I think plus size modelling is patronizing. It just doesn't seem to have a use except to make critics stop going on about it.
    Agreed.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Also agreed. I have no real problems with size 0 models being used - it's to show the clothes, so you don't look at the model. I just ignore the modelling/fashion industry as a whole anyway, though. I think every size is attractive, on the right person.
    Face: Labret, medusa, septum, double nostrils, bridge.
    Ears: 8 lobes, 2 auricles, conch, tragus, 2 helixes, daith.
    Body: Nipples.

I am Katie. I like earl grey tea, marshmallows in hot chocolate, poetry and Care Bears.

disco-lemonade@live.com
    ^ add me please

Thing is, 90% of people who buy designer clothes aren't the same size as the models they see them on. Skinny stick models are meant to not distract from the clothes on the catwalk, to literally just be a clotheshorse. On a woman with a figure, the clothes will look different . Already 'shaped' if you know what I mean.

But then again I find shops like Evans slightly insulting. You wouldnt be able to get away with having a shop that only went up to size 10. Plus sometimes I see nice stuff in there and I can't buy it cos I'm too little!

I wanted to do that designer dress rental thing and all the dresses stopped at a size 8! I was so pissed off.

Yeah, I'm a size 16, but in no way do I think I'm 'plus sized'. I like my figure. I do think its nice that they used bigger girls than the industry standard though.
    call me:Tabby, Tab, Tabby-cat...Whatever you like!
    Current Piercings :
    First Holes 1.2mm | Second Holes 1mm | 1.2mm Helix | 1mm Nostril
    Piercing Wish List: Tongue, conch, nipple (x2), VCH
    Tattoos : Hidden pentacle on right hip and Zabi with flower on my left foot

Wasn't there a size 14 model a few years ago? They made a big fuss about it being a breakthrough in the press... but then she lost a huge amount of weight and became a size 8 or something? Sorry, can't remember her name.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast