Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Centre - Income Support

Default Job Centre - Income Support

I doubt that anybody has any advice but just thought i would see if anybody else has had the same issues as me.

I have signed onto job seekers income support. Had the interview etc etc etc. Note (I have actually signed up twise previously but they have cocked those times up, i gave up and cancelled them and thought i would try again 3rd time lucky)

SO anyway....this 3rd time initial meeting etc etc was about 8 weeks ago, i have gone in and signed on 4 times...and still havnt had a penny....

I have rang up many times and just keep getting told they will ring me back, an that the claim is in urgent and all the rest...but still nothing. No phonecall today been waiting all day. I took out 200 overdraft, and have been living on practically nothing...but now the overdraft has ran out and I aint got a penny. So now i cant buy any food :( I dont understand what the problem is.....why cant they even tell me what the issues is...this is really getting me down and I dont know what to do other than keep ringing up ang getting ignored :(

And to make it worse O2 will take money out on tuesday (not contract but simplicity) I rang up but they said I cant cancel :( :( :( :(
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Double Lip (snakebites?)
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH
    • Retired Centre Lip - To be returned!

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

Go into the job centre, and refuse to leave until they give you a reason. I did that when I was on it for 3 months back in 2006, and it turned out there was a problem with my P45, which was resolved, and I got the money, but it took 8 weeks to find out, and another 2 weeks for them to pay out.
    Stuuuuu

Progressively walking through life. In 13/16 following by 6/8.

Weird pierced hairy metal head from Sheffield who likes to make lots of noise.

Piercings
    Tongue, Labret, PA

Want
    Nipples, tattoos (need help with working out what to get)

Facebook

http://www.workingfrommyshed.co.uk - My gaming blog

http://wfms.hostingdelivered.com/viewforum.php?f=3 - Console LAN

Forging the quest to bring long hair to the world

Quote Originally Posted by stuh84 View Post
    Go into the job centre, and refuse to leave until they give you a reason. I did that when I was on it for 3 months back in 2006, and it turned out there was a problem with my P45, which was resolved, and I got the money, but it took 8 weeks to find out, and another 2 weeks for them to pay out.
    I didnt have a P45 but they assured me that they didnt need it...Shit...i dunno how i am going to live if yours took that long. I signed on yesterday and told the bloke (who apparently worked in finance dept for 5 months) and said that they cant do anything because where i go is only to deal with the signing on... My friend had a problem which was missing a signature on a random piece of paper but they worked that on the computer. I said can they check mine and apparently it hadn't even processed? A lady rang me few weeks ago and said she was processing them then and there...not. Honestly i feel sick Im so worried. Can you ask for like an emergency giro? Arghhhh!!
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

I don't know the in depth details anymore, I have a feeling things have changed due to whats happened the past year. Have you tried discussing with your bank about increasing your overdraft in the meantime?
    Stuuuuu

Piercings
    Tongue, Labret, PA

Want

Facebook

I don't know the in depth details anymore, I have a feeling things have changed due to whats happened the past year. Have you tried discussing with your bank about increasing your overdraft in the meantime?
    Literally just tried, only increase it by 20 quid so can pay phone bill and not get swamped by bank charges...but declined. :'(
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

I'm sorry to say, but I think you've left this a bit late now. See if you can borrow some money off someone while this gets sorted, but if you cant then, you are gonna have to accepted being a bit buggered, while calling the job centre 5 times a day to ask what the hell is going on.
    Stuuuuu

Piercings
    Tongue, Labret, PA

Want

Facebook

I'm sorry to say, but I think you've left this a bit late now. See if you can borrow some money off someone while this gets sorted, but if you cant then, you are gonna have to accepted being a bit buggered, while calling the job centre 5 times a day to ask what the hell is going on.
    Bit used to that been ringing them for 8 weeks! Nobody been able to lend my any during this period..or now for that matter. No idea how i'm gonna eat. Ahhh life is fun sometimes!
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

Might be worth going in to your local Citizens Advice, they are usually pretty handy with chasing claims up etc.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I'm in a similar predicament.

I applied for Jobseekers Allowance about a month or so ago now. When I put in my claim they said it would be fine without my P45 or anything like that, that they could sort it. I got a letter last week saying they couldn't give me any money because I hadn't "paid, or been credited with, enough class 1 National Insurance contributions".

So I rang them up and the woman on the end of the phone was less than helpful. The jist was... I either have to find my P60's for 07 and 08, or ALL my payslips for the past 3 years, or I won't get anything. Nothing. At all.

She also seemed to think that I'd only worked from April 09 to June 09. Wrong. I said no I've worked for the past 2 and a half years. She said well have you moved around a lot? Changed jobs a lot? I was like.... no, same job, same company, same place, full time, for 2 and a half years, up til the end of June this year.

She also seemed to think that I'd been claiming Jobseekers in 2007. Again, wrong. I claimed in 2006, for 2 weeks, then I got a job. She then told me that because I had claimed JSA in 2007 (WRONG) that I couldn't get it now............ SORRY WHAT? I explained again. Very calmly, that I could prove that I was telling the honest truth, and that she had it wrong.

So I went in to sign on on Monday and asked the chap about it.... and he was a little tiny bit more helpful. But still said... I need the past two P60's or I get nothing. At all.

I have facking worked my ASS off for the past few years... and I'm not allowed ANYTHING? I am a decent honest hard-working person who is actually looking for a job (well I got one last week, but it doesn't start til mid-October) and I have paid my NI, I have paid my council tax, I have paid and paid and paid in to the system, and I'm not allowed ANYTHING? I have completely used up my entire overdraft. I have LIVED off it up until I put my claim in because I simply did not have anything else to live on! The only reason I applied for Jobseekers is because I'm desperate!

----

As you can tell.... I am VERY annoyed.

All I can say is, keep pestering them, I think all you can do is try and borrow off family and friends to tide you over. There are emergency grants available I think... but the Jobcentre are obviously stupidly useless, so I doubt its even worth bothering trying to get that!

*edit* Also, I think there are things available where if your worried about not being able to pay bills, you can ring up your service providers and they can.. kinda let you off for one month, but obvously at some point you have to pay it back. Definately try getting in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau, theres a community centre type thing up the road from me and I've had so much good advice and help from them in the past. In fact I'm going in to see Keith tomorrow and he's ringing the job centre for me cause he knows what to say!
    Last edited by het; 09-10-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

Good god. They are SO incompetant. I dont understand how an organisation thats meant to help people in need can be so negligent/careless etc etc it just BAFFLES me. All these people who just go on benefits because its easy and have no intention of working, but those to who its a last resort get messed about....
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!