Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Centre - Income Support

Hahaha thats what my flatmate says! "Just have loads of kids then we can all live off you!"

I hope it goes well for you and gets sorted out. I've been back to my mums and sorted through my files and managed to find my P60's!!!! So I'm gonna go in on monday and say GIVE ME MONEYS PLEASE.

Although I have this horrible dreadful feeling that they'll still find something wrong with it....
    IAM: hetty
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Omega symbol on my nape! 15-07-09 (20 mins)
    Dotwork ohm symbol on my leg! 08/08/10 (3 hrs)
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)
    10/01/11 (4 hrs) 12/02/11 (6 & 1/2 hrs) 18/03/11 (2 & 1/2 hrs)
    Little duck on foot! 02/03/11 (5 mins)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

I have never been more p*ssed off in my LIFE.

Apparently, I am entitled to NOTHING. They don't count the last year, they work on 06/07 and 07/08. 06/07 is when I was at college, then I had to leave because I was ill. Then I worked as a xmas temp at Musiczone, which went into administration before I left, and I didn't even get paid for the last week I was there. Then I was at some horrible job at a place called Mortgage Match for 2 weeks, which I quit because... well quite a few different reasons. So I won't have earned enough to qualify for anything. And because I stupidly told them I had a partner, because he works over 24 hours a week (even though he earns f*ck all) I can't even apply for the other type of Jobseekers.

So I said to the chap on the phone "It doesn't even matter that I've worked full time for the past 2 and a half years?" to which he replied no, thats not how it works here. So I said, "I'm screwed then?" And he said "Well, they're your words, but yes you are." So I put the phone down on him.

WHAT THE HELL AM I MEANT TO LIVE ON?
    I has Facebook

I have:
    16mm lobes x2 / 1.6mm lobes x4 / 1.6mm scaffold / 1.2mm helix / 1.6mm conch x3 / 1.2mm snakebites / 2mm tongue / 1.6mm horizontal nipples x2 / 1.6mm VCH
    Pheonix backpiece! 20/08/10 (4 & 1/2 hrs) 18/09/10 (6 hrs) 30/10/10 (5 hrs) 04/12/10 (4 hrs)

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Apparently, I am entitled to NOTHING. They don't count the last year, they work on 06/07 and 07/08. 06/07 is when I was at college, then I had to leave because I was ill. Then I worked as a xmas temp at Musiczone, which went into administration before I left, and I didn't even get paid for the last week I was there. Then I was at some horrible job at a place called Mortgage Match for 2 weeks, which I quit because... well quite a few different reasons. So I won't have earned enough to qualify for anything. And because I stupidly told them I had a partner, because he works over 24 hours a week (even though he earns f*ck all) I can't even apply for the other type of Jobseekers.

So I said to the chap on the phone "It doesn't even matter that I've worked full time for the past 2 and a half years?" to which he replied no, thats not how it works here. So I said, "I'm screwed then?" And he said "Well, they're your
    You might want to go to Citazens Advice - the Benefits deparemtment dont know their arse form their elbows. i still dont see why you wouldnt be entitled to some sort of benefit. It shouldnt matter if you have a partner that works over 24 hours a week, That doesnt support one person nv#ever mind two
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Quote Originally Posted by het View Post

So I said to the chap on the phone "It doesn't even matter that I've worked full time for the past 2 and a half years?" to which he replied no, thats not how it works here. So I said, "I'm screwed then?" And he said "Well, they're your words, but yes you are." So I put the phone down on him.

That was what happened to me, I went to the job centre, said that Robin was my partner and immediately it's like "you can't claim". I cried :/. I'd really been relying on that and we've been having a bit of a hard time living on what he earns, it just doesn't cover two people beyond rent/bills/food and the occasional treat if we watch our spending. Luckily I had some savings but a lot of that went to my parents, and I'm seeing no sign of getting my deposit from my old house back.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by het View Post

Thats for the "contribution based" allowance isnt it? Cant you just claim for the income based support? Cos i wouldn't of earnt enough for that one but if your out work can get the other??? x
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Double Lip (snakebites?)
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH
    • Retired Centre Lip - To be returned!

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by starless_dark View Post
    That was what happened to me, I went to the job centre, said that Robin was my partner and immediately it's like "you can't claim". I cried :/. I'd really been relying on that and we've been having a bit of a hard time living on what he earns, it just doesn't cover two people beyond rent/bills/food and the occasional treat if we watch our spending. Luckily I had some savings but a lot of that went to my parents, and I'm seeing no sign of getting my deposit from my old house back.
    Thats the thing, I tried to explain that even though Andy works over 24 hours a week, he doesn't actually earn a full time wage, theres no way I can live off him. I've borrowed enough from my parents, I've used up every penny of my overdraft, I have nothing left to sell. I'm screwed!

Is it time for sugardaddy.com?
    I has Facebook

I have:

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

I feel your pain.

SOOOOOO tired of been told to "give it a few days" and "it takes time"!! I was told 11 days! On the 31st July..........now the 23rd of September! Useless ********!!! lol aahh venting!
    Owner of....16 so far!

• 8 Lobes
    • Scaffold
    • Helix
    • Double Lip (snakebites?)
    • Tongue
    • Belly
    • VCH
    • Retired Centre Lip - To be returned!

Next....
    • Tattoos!
    • Nips maybe!

Absolutely ridiculous! Lets go and beat them all with massive axes!
    I has Facebook

I have:

I GOT MODBLOGGED!!!

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

I remember when I applied for JSA and the bint on the phone actually suggested I get pregnant. "But you would be entitled to a lot more if you were pregnant". I was fargin mortified.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast