Thread: Nervous..Help? 2questions!

Question Nervous..Help? 2questions!

Nervous wreck over here, my first question is about my lip piercing, it is on the left side of my lip and currently have a stud in it. I know that it is going to swell and I expected it.. tho not to this extent so I am curious if I should be worried. Currently I am sucking on ice and have taken some IBP to help for swelling. But this amount of swelling has me nervous I really want it to work out, it is so swollen that the flat part on the inner side of my lip is denting and slightly swollen to the point of covering the edges of the flat side. Also I noticed a tiny bit of pus on the outside hole under the ball it is red but I think this might be from bumping it last night in my lip when I turned over and its just irritated. Should I be worried? or will the ice/time/IBP help? Tips on getting the swelling to go down would be appreciated, I just really love this piercing and don't want to have to take it out... I know a hoop at this point would probably be best. But with work I can only wear the stud, hoops are to noticeable in their opinions.. My second question is, the top of my tongue piercing is a little ripped. it sort of looks....'blown out' the rip that is, is this fixable or is it just going to continue to look like this? I have had the piercing since November of last year and again I don't want to remove it, its the second time I have had it pierced. Thanks in advance to any help offered =3

To clarify, the flat back on your stud has sink into your lip a bit?
    Thats totally normal so I wouldn't worry about it.
    The ice will help with the swelling, so will the IBP.
    The puss is probably lymph and it's totally normal, as are any crusties you find around the piercings.
    Shaun

Scalpelled - Stretched - Pierced - Inked

OK , thats good to know.. the inside hurts from the sinking in..heh not to mention that I look like Rocky.. heh 'adrrriian' geesh. Thanks Shaun =3 What would be signs that I should be looking for and worrying about? That way I don't spend all day sick to my stomach nervous.

If the flat ends starts becoming invisible, that'd be a bad thing. Don't worry though, even if it does happen, pop down to your piercers and they'll sort it out.
    Also, the pain's probably more from getting it pierced, as oppose to the sinking in.
    Shaun

Ah I see! So this piercing is pretty much an okay deal unless I'm epic fail and for some horrid reason rip it..heh (stupid tongue experience has me all worked up!) thanks again for the help. I am trying really hard to not tongue it with my tongue bar... the temptation x.x

No worries
    Oh, and just to address something you mentioned earier about a ring being better - I wouldn't even consider putting a ring in for about 6 months. They're crap for healing around.
    Shaun

Oh really? That sucks! well time will tell what happens I guess. =P
    Has:
    L Ear- 4 lobe 1 cartilage
    R Ear- 4 lobe
    Tongue- Bar
    Left Lip- Stud

As for your tongue piercing - The "rip" should heal fine. Tongues are amazing like that.

Current piercings: 7/16" lobes, 1.6mm lobes, tongue, labret, septum, navel, 2 x R helix, R tragus, 5mm dermal punched L helix
    Tattoos: tudor rose on stomach, cherry blossoms on shoulder blade
    Planned: daith, rook, conch, & more tattoos!
    Retired: 1.6mm helix, 4mm lobes, 1.6mm scaffold, 1.2mm monroe