Page 9 of 146 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids v No Kids

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    If it's that developed already, why is it allowed up to week 24?!
    That seems kinda messed up.
    I wouldn't wait that long though, as soon as I knew I wouldn't waste time waiting to get rid of it.
    Because it's not a ''proper'' baby yet in the sense that it's not viable, it's lungs and internal organs wouldn't be developed enough to survive. As far as I know, 24 weeks is officially the point where foetus can survive outside the womb.

This is what it'd be at 11 weeks according to Google. And this is 24 weeks, massive difference.
    Last edited by SakuraChan; 09-18-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

24 weeks seems way too developed to be able to abort it.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

It'd still only have a 30% chance of survival, and something like a 65% chance of being disabled/handicapped. 24 weeks is the absolute limit, and as far as I know, doctors/abortion clinics in the UK are a bit iffy about it.

At the end of the day, it's up to the woman carrying it. Such a late abortion would be extremely distressing I'd imagine.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery

Yeah, of course it's up to them.
    I just know personally I'd rather get rid of it asap.
    I don't know how people do the whole birth the baby then give it up for adoption deal.
    I imagine it'd be a lot harder to give it up after carrying it around for 9 months and having maternal instinct kick in.
    Plus the idea of having my own child out in the world and knowing it's not me taking care of it would just be too hard.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

When I was younger, I really wanted to have children.. In my teens, I thought children were horrible. Now I'm kind of in the middle.. I'd love to have children with the man I'm with, but I'm not sure if I'd make a good parent.
    I am Saraaaaah!

Has:

Tongue
    Nostril x2
    Navel
    Earlobe x5
    Helix
    Nipple x2

Wants:
    Septum
    Snakebites
    Tragus
    Industrial

Quote Originally Posted by Chester//Amy View Post
    It'd still only have a 30% chance of survival, and something like a 65% chance of being disabled/handicapped. 24 weeks is the absolute limit, and as far as I know, doctors/abortion clinics in the UK are a bit iffy about it.

At the end of the day, it's up to the woman carrying it. Such a late abortion would be extremely distressing I'd imagine.

apparently they will abort in extreamely rare cases even after 24 weeks.

what people dont seem to understand, abortion still isnt an easy answer, dependant on the stage of the pregnancy, havin an abortion is like goin through labour, because u still have to pass the foetus and placenta.
    it will be extreamly painful.... for nothing in the end.
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

i personally dont think abortion should be an option after the heart starts beating. to do it after is killing that child. but thats just my personal opinion.
    and at 24 weeks with all the medical intervention that can be done now, that child has every chance of survival. also at that late stage abortion wouldnt be done the same way, you would have to birth the child and the placenta. at early stages the featus is broken up, the skull crushed and extracted.
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

the heart starts to beat at pretty early on somthing like 5 weeks, so even at that stage ur killing a child then?

its not classified as a foetus until 12-13 weeks. So apparently up until 12-13 week mark, u arnt actualy killing a child.

tbh, i dont disagree with aborting, theres exceptions...... rape ect i understand why ppl have abortions.

to terminate it because his condom split, or the pill didnt work... imo is wrong. im sorry but it is, we all know these things can happen, so why arnt we useing double protection? if u use a condom, make sure shes on the pill or is gettin the injection or what ever. Dont think that just because ur usein one ur safe.... cause ur not!

if you can lie on ur back and do whats needed to create, then u can give birth an deal with it.
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by cherryd69 View Post
    what people dont seem to understand, abortion still isnt an easy answer, dependant on the stage of the pregnancy, havin an abortion is like goin through labour, because u still have to pass the foetus and placenta.
    it will be extreamly painful.... for nothing in the end.
    That's true, but if the 'end product' isn't something you want, or something you could bare to bring up or live with then it's the right choice for the sake of a child that might have grown up unloved and mistreated. Not all people think about adoption, and not all people are strong enough to carry a baby to term that they don't want growing inside them.

For the people that have a late-term abortion, that's probably what drives them to do it.

I strongly disagree with the notion that if you're taking contraception and it fails that you should be made to 'give birth and deal with it.' Same for if you don't really. If everyone thought like that there would be so many more cases of child neglect and abuse than there are now. And thousands of children with psychological problems from growing up knowing that their mum and dad didn't want them.

You should only have children when you're mature and financially stable enough to support them.
    Last edited by SakuraChan; 09-19-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Click to see!

Retired

Gallery

I'm personally of the opinion that abortion should be harder and adoption should be easier. Thousands of women in this country have had over FIVE abortions, hundreds over eight. There's no way that that's accidental, that's using abortion as a contraceptive method...which it really shouldn't be. And I'm not just slightly anti abortion because of the unborn baby, also because of the massive effect it can have on a woman. Yes having an unwanted baby can also have a huge effect but there are still options, like giving it up for adoption. If you're not ready to look after a child you should really be doubling up on contraception. Although I don't mean to preach or nag, everyone to their own, these are just my personal opinions and I'd never think negatively about someone for having an abortion. It's their choice.
    Call me Genni...

"Everyone deserves the chance to fly"

Keeper of the magical hunting bees with Trivium and Miharu

*proudly wears her dictionary straight-jacket*

hells monkey tbh...
    you are a big gay boy

*Disclaimer: When I argue unless I quote sources it is all my opinion. My way of writing is because I do creative writing and you can't sound uncertain.*