Page 8 of 146 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Kids v No Kids

I've always been anti kids up until now. I go through stages of wanting children, and then not. I think I do ultimately, it's just the process of carrying a baby for 9 months and squeezing it out that terrifies me. If I could have my own ready made baby in a few months, and not have to give birth I'd do that

Anyway, it's not something I'm going to be thinking about for at least 6-7 years.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

Quote Originally Posted by Chester//Amy View Post
    I've always been anti kids up until now. I go through stages of wanting children, and then not. I think I do ultimately, it's just the process of carrying a baby for 9 months and squeezing it out that terrifies me. If I could have my own ready made baby in a few months, and not have to give birth I'd do that

Anyway, it's not something I'm going to be thinking about for at least 6-7 years.
    You could always think about adopting a baby?

Or try childminding/fostering for a bit?
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

I think if I were to go down that route, I'd rather adopt a baby than foster. It'd be too hard to give them back once you'd bonded with them, especially if it was the type of arrangement where they get sent back to their biological parents.

Also, there's part of me that wants my own children because they'd be a part of both me and my boyfriend/husband. Something about that just feels/sounds really right. I'd never rule out adoption because it's such a wonderful thing to do, to be able to provide a child with a loving, secure home.

Current piercings
    22mm lobes | 6mm conch

Current tattoos
    Indian inspired dotwork side piece (14/08/2013)
    Click to see!

Retired
    Snakebites | Tongue web | Scaffold | Medusa | Hand Web | Smiley | Nape | Tragus | Vertical tragus | Navel | Chest MD | 8 lobes | Tongue | Nipples

Gallery
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/gal...0&ppuser=52306

You could use a surrogate mother and it would still be your DNA. But Im not sure if thats only offered to women who are unable to give birth.
    Peter Petrelli is my hero

maybememories6@hotmail.com

1.2mm Monroe
    1.6mm Septum
    3.4mm Lobe
    1.6mm Tongue
    3 Microdermals
    1.2mm Daith
    1.2mm Conch

Quote Originally Posted by Chester//Amy View Post
    I think if I were to go down that route, I'd rather adopt a baby than foster. It'd be too hard to give them back once you'd bonded with them, especially if it was the type of arrangement where they get sent back to their biological parents.

Also, there's part of me that wants my own children because they'd be a part of both me and my boyfriend/husband. Something about that just feels/sounds really right. I'd never rule out adoption because it's such a wonderful thing to do, to be able to provide a child with a loving, secure home.
    That's exactly how I feel, the idea of popping one out is terrifying and disgusting to me, but I feel like I'd rather it be my own kid for the reasons you stated.
    Though I do support adoption, if I was somehow unable to have my own kids that's totally what I'd do.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I don't ever want kids as I never want to be respoonsible for causing the amount of pain and suffering to another human being, that most parents unintentionally cause to their kids.
    Emily

19 piercings:
    2 stretched lobes at 14mm - 4 lobes - helix - tragus - rook - scaffold -
    nostril - septum - munroe - tongue - 2 labrets - navel - 2 nipples

Quote Originally Posted by Emily-S View Post
    I don't ever want kids as I never want to be respoonsible for causing the amount of pain and suffering to another human being, that most parents unintentionally cause to their kids.
    This is another reason I do not want to have kids.
    Current piercings: Lobes 18mm
    Retired: Septum, Eyebrow,
    Orbital, Central labret
    Wish list: High Snug, Septum punch (6mm), Conch Punch (8mm)

I'm Nathan

Last fm/Tumblr

i want, iv got, an i have one on the way.... i also kinda have a step daughter (not married yet so its not legal)

i wouldnt want it any other way.... you either have that feeling or you dont, sometimes it takes somthing unplanned to make you truely know what you want.
    im not sayin that you dont know what you want btw..... its just that you cant 100% say what you would do until your in that situation....

Its easy enough when your not in that situation to say 'oh id have an abortion/give it up for adoption'.... not as simple an clean cut as it sounds.

Abortion law states its still legal to abort up until week 24..... as you can see by my scan taken at 11.4 weeks, its a fully developed child.... just small.
    Last edited by cherryd69; 09-18-2009 at 09:06 PM.
    ~Hi im Dawn~

what iv got

Double nostril, Tongue web, Tongue, Vch 2mm, Helix, Lobes 3.4mm, 2x 1.6mm double left lower lip. Ink x4

what i want
    Cheeks, Double right lower lip, Conch, Navel. More ink

R.I.P septum + nipples

Nick

If it's that developed already, why is it allowed up to week 24?!
    That seems kinda messed up.
    I wouldn't wait that long though, as soon as I knew I wouldn't waste time waiting to get rid of it.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.