Page 144 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1456

Thread: Kids v No Kids

At the moment, I don't want kids. They actually terrify me. I think I'll probably change my mind in the future.

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

I love having kids 99% of the time... there is that 1% where you could just curl up in a dark room for 5mins peace haha but i wouldn't have it any other way.

ETA

Not for forcing personal ambitions/goals onto my kids at all. we're all for do what you like in this house.
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Being around very small babies makes me nervous. If someone asks me to hold one I'm terrified. They're so small and weird and I'm scared they'll cry/puke/do something unexpected and I'll drop them.
    After about 6 months though, when they're more alert and more like tiny people (as opposed to little alien creatures) I love them. I find them adorable. There is nothing more heart warming to me than a baby laughing. And then I love toddlers even more, they're just so cute and funny.

I want some kids of my own one day, but it's not the right time for me. So for now I'm hoping one of my sisters gets knocked up instead :P
    A little mayhem never hurt anyone, I'ma gonna get some...

What I Have:
    Left ear: 3 x Lobes, 1 Helix.
    Right Ear: 3 x Lobes.
    Right Nostril
    Navel

What I'm Considering:
    Tragus, Rook, Daith, Triple Forward Helix.
    Eyebrow /Labret /Septum.

I do want children, but I don't know why. I don't know what I would want one for and yet my brain goes all mushy and jealous and "why can't I have one of those" when I see babies.
    I have decided now is a bad time, I have other goals and stresses to deal with first. Also the way my OH deals with his animals has made me change my mind about him being a parent because I want someone that would work WITH me rather than undermine every rule I put in place. Right now I can't even get him to make his dogs stay out of the kitchen consistently, or not razz them up right before I try to put their leads on for a walk, because I totally wanted to try and put a leash on a dog that was running around like an idiot barking and panting and carrying on.
    He's getting better but we have a ways to go until I would trust him with teaching a child patience and self discipline, and I don't need a small baby, 4 cats, 3 dogs and a large man-child to take care of at 24!
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

minus the fur babies, i felt like i had a newborn and a man-child when we had our first haha you're so totally right about being on the same page though. Once you're reading from the same page it is SO much easier. luckily we fell onto the same page reading very early on and it's been good since

i get all other aspects though; why people wait until they're older, why people choose to have kids young or even those who don't choose to have kids at all.
    What I have
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

call me Manda
    ^3^

Having been married for almost 11 years and in the relationship for 16 we are at the point where having children is expected. Neither of us want children and are happy as we are, but that doesn't stop others piling on pressure.
    I am now being asked if there are reasons why we haven't had children, like aren't you capable? It is truly heartbreaking when someone assumes this, not because it's true, imagine though if I couldn't? People are just bloody rude.
    also, with respect to people who do have children, the amount of people who believe you don't know what real love feels like until you have children, give me a break...

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbone View Post
    Having been married for almost 11 years and in the relationship for 16 we are at the point where having children is expected. Neither of us want children and are happy as we are, but that doesn't stop others piling on pressure.
    I am now being asked if there are reasons why we haven't had children, like aren't you capable? It is truly heartbreaking when someone assumes this, not because it's true, imagine though if I couldn't? People are just bloody rude.
    also, with respect to people who do have children, the amount of people who believe you don't know what real love feels like until you have children, give me a break...
    The asking does hurt - especially when there are problems out of your control and people don't understand and stick their oar in.

we've been trying for over a year now for our 3rd and recently i found out that if i fall pregnant before having surgery it could kill me... It doesn't stop people saying "oh, are you still not pregnant yet?!" or "think yourself lucky you've got one of each" that one annoys me the most. I know i am extremely lucky to have 2 happy, healthy kids (and one boy, one girl) but at the same time, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less when your heart wants and longs for one thing and your body has basically said "no"

sorry, off on a tangent there
    What I have
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

call me Manda
    ^3^

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post
    The asking does hurt - especially when there are problems out of your control and people don't understand and stick their oar in.

we've been trying for over a year now for our 3rd and recently i found out that if i fall pregnant before having surgery it could kill me... It doesn't stop people saying "oh, are you still not pregnant yet?!" or "think yourself lucky you've got one of each" that one annoys me the most. I know i am extremely lucky to have 2 happy, healthy kids (and one boy, one girl) but at the same time, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt any less when your heart wants and longs for one thing and your body has basically said "no"

Not off tangent at all. I want what other people want to make them happy. I really hope you can have the surgery you need and then fall very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbone View Post
    It's just disgusting, why do people think they have any right to say anything on your life choices regarding children. I am sick to death of people thinking they own women's bodies and automatically decide that we're just baby making machines.

Quote Originally Posted by beautiful-disaster View Post

People are cruel, a friend of mine was reaching 40 and had been married since she was 20, people at work kept hinting at why and one day she just broke down in tears and asked me to speak to them. She physically couldn't have kids, I had to explain it to them, they had nothing to say after that.

We all get it sadly, people with no kids (when are you having one?), people with 1 kid (it's cruel to only have 1!), people with only girls (when are you trying for a boy?), people with only boys (when are you trying for a girl?), people with more than 2 (why do you have so many?). Could go on all day, we get judged all the time, I've had people tell me in a round-a-bout way that I'm cruel for stopping at 1. I'm around 80% sure I don't want more and have lots of reasons why that are mainly based on the health of my family (my bf and son both have disabilities). I'm not going to jeopardise that.
    Last edited by Boo; 03-29-2015 at 08:21 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My family were going on at us about having a baby when we'd been together for less than 2 years. It's now been over 7 years and we're still no closer to having any - Just because they all had kids really quickly doesn't mean I'm going to do the same!

Being told "I can't have any more so you have to have one" was probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard, I'm never going to let that one go!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.