Page 143 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4393133134135136137138139140141142143144145146 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 1456

Thread: Kids v No Kids

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    It's not the behaviour of kids tbh it's just that I only like my own/those very close to me. There's no real blame to be put on kids messing about, as above, it's either poor parenting or there may be a medical reason for "off" behaviour. Before my son was diagnosed I was viewed as a crap parent a few times because of his "behaviour". But even then I wouldn't let him be rude to other people or gawp at them in restaurants etc.
    I agree with this too.

Quote Originally Posted by misstress_malice_mizer View Post
    on the kids in restaurants topic. I honestly don't see what the problem is with them being there as long as the parents take responsibility for their child's actions and teaches them to behave. My parents used to take my brother and I out to dinner every so often as a treat and we were always expected to sit still and mind our P&Q's, admittedly when we were smaller and got bored more easily mum would take colouring books or play paper games with us or read to us but the point was she took responsibility for us and growing up my parents owned a guest house so my brother and I learnt from a very early age not to go charging through the kitchen when mum was busy cooking for the evening meal. Just as I believe there's no such thing as a bad animal just bad owners I also believe there's no such thing as a bad child just lazy and uncaring parents who can't be bothered to put in the effort required to raise a child properly. obvious exception being if the child has a medical reason for "misbehaving" ie ADHD, ADD,ASD etc
    Totally agree. We take our children out often; there has been only one time that we had to leave early, and as it turned out, my little one was coming down with something (ear infection-type thing), so that's why she was so out of sorts at the restaurant. We don't tolerate them acting out in public, and they know it.

I've always wanted to have kids! Always always always. And I know that this sounds terrible, but if I have a daughter I am going to stretch her everyday to make sure she's really flexible, and I am going to try and talk her into being a dancer, but not force her, but if she does start dancing it will be intense. I am a dancer haha I want a really amazing prodigy child, and dance is all I know :P I'm going to be a horrible mom ha

Or you could let her make her own choices about what she wants to do?
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

^ this.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

That happened to me with swimming, my parents really really pushed me to do it, I absolutely loved swimming but the competing and the intense rules that come with competing stressed me out big time, I was swimming 9 times a week mostly and it got too much. Luckily my plans to go in to academia made my parents loosen up. Parents that really support hobbies is great but being pushed sucked.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by incendioflames View Post
    I've always wanted to have kids! Always always always. And I know that this sounds terrible, but if I have a daughter I am going to stretch her everyday to make sure she's really flexible, and I am going to try and talk her into being a dancer, but not force her, but if she does start dancing it will be intense. I am a dancer haha I want a really amazing prodigy child, and dance is all I know :P I'm going to be a horrible mom ha
    I hope you aren't serious.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My dad has been taking my brother to golf since he was 5 because he showed an interest in it. Always encouraged him, but never forced him to have pro lessons and practice so many hours a week. He let him do his own thing at his own pace. He's now going to start his PGA qualification this year and hopefully within the next few years start teaching himself. His dream is to move to America to teach and play over there and I really think he'll achieve it soon my rambling point is I think kids (and adults too really) that are encouraged and push themselves in their hobbies & work will enjoy it and perform better than those that are forced into it by their parents.
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

Quote Originally Posted by polythene_girl View Post
    My dad has been taking my brother to golf since he was 5 because he showed an interest in it. Always encouraged him, but never forced him to have pro lessons and practice so many hours a week. He let him do his own thing at his own pace. He's now going to start his PGA qualification this year and hopefully within the next few years start teaching himself. His dream is to move to America to teach and play over there and I really think he'll achieve it soon my rambling point is I think kids (and adults too really) that are encouraged and push themselves in their hobbies & work will enjoy it and perform better than those that are forced into it by their parents.
    This, this 100 times. It's the effort you put in that makes a difference not the being forced by others, but support from parents goes an amazingly long way.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace

Exactly and tbh I think physically manipulating your child's limbs just for your own dance obsession is borderline abuse....
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

^ As do I. Encouraging a child to practise something they do e.g. warming up for dance or practising a musical instrument, is fine, but forcing them to stretch... that's cruel.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace