Thread: Kids v No Kids

I was raised in fundamentalist religion where being a stay-at-home mom was THE divine purpose of women. Frankly, I've never been super excited about having kids and it probably didn't help matters that I felt like it was being pushed on me. But I'm 22, so I got plenty of time to decide.

The older I get, the less I want kids. Also, having not seen/spoken to anyone in my family for so long has made me realise just how obsessed with kids they are. My SIL was constantly going on at us "Go on, you know you want to" "You love kids really" "I can't have any more so you need to have one". (Yes, that last one is an actual quote!) Having told Michael I'd love a baby one day, I've now had to say that I've gone off the idea (for a few years, at least). He seems fine with that, so that's alright with me!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

NO kids........................ for the time being.

a young teenager, i swore i never wanted kids. i adored my nieces and nephews but the thought of my own did not appeal to me. i dended up pregnant and after my 18th bday i had my son. he was the best thing to ever happen to me. then four years later i had my daughter and swore i didnt want anymore. we decided one more and two weeks before our then youngests birthday, we had our son (whos now almost 3 months old). its different with your own kids. im awkward around other peoples kids but couldn't imagine my life without them.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiedaisy View Post
    im awkward around other peoples kids
    Same, people have this misconception that if you're a parent then you'll automatically like all children, it's sooooo not true...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I love kids, but right now my husband and I are not interested in going that route. We are both going to school at the moment, so it'll be a couple of years before that happens. We are 30 and 31 right now, so unless we choose to adopt there are only a few years left where knocking me up is an option. We're open either way at the moment, to be honest.

^^^ People have kids into their forties
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Sticks Chic View Post
    I love kids, but right now my husband and I are not interested in going that route. We are both going to school at the moment, so it'll be a couple of years before that happens. We are 30 and 31 right now, so unless we choose to adopt there are only a few years left where knocking me up is an option. We're open either way at the moment, to be honest.
    I'm nearly 34 and I'm worrying about getting older too. I know that people have kids into their late 30's and 40's but the risks involved especially after 40 are so much greater. My main issue however is money and bringing a child up with a government in charge that doesn't care about you unless you're rich or old or both. That is my main issue for hanging fire right now.

Thing is I'm on the injection, it could take until I'm 35 to become fully fertile again, could be 36 by the time I fall preggers, by which time I'll be giving birth at 37....I don't think that there's anything wrong with having kids later on in life but for me the increasing risk factor does worry me. I already have a child with a disability, I'm not sure I want to increase the chance of that being 2.

Again I have no issue with people having kids later in life but for me personally it does worry me. Also I've been a parent and step parent to young children since I was 19 so having a rest from it might be nice...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

My mum was 36 when she had me and my dad was 40, I'd like to have kids a bit younger than they did but as my mum always says "what's fur ye'll no go by ye"
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I always thought I would have kids. when I was 18 I met someone who was a bit older than me who wasn't interested in having children.
    at 18 I wasnt even thinking about it yet. time went on and I was with him for 9 years. by the end of the relationship I had just got used to not thinking about children.
    I've just never felt that need or urge to parent. if my husband and I had an accident, I know we would keep it and love it immensely, but planning is something else entirely. I also feel quite strongly that for me, a child should be wanted and not had for the sake of it.

so I'm 33 now and am aware time is ticking by but I kind of like my life the way it is, so we'll see what happens..