Thread: Kids v No Kids

Quote Originally Posted by mileyjames View Post
    Kids make family complete!!!
    Totally incorrect, would you really say that to a couple who wasn't able to or doesn't want any? Ridiculous.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My family isn't complete - not until I get a puppy anyway!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybabe View Post
    LOL!! Like it
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Rattybabe View Post
    Yes!!! That's my view too! Husky puppy to be precise he will be the first member of my family when I have my own home and a steady job
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Has some of you thought that you never want to have kids but later in life changed your mind?
    I always thought I didn't want kids but as I've got older (not that I'm old lol) I've started to think maybe I do want kids some day. Maybe my boyfriend has affected that as well tbh
    Current piercings:
    Both lobes x 3
    Rook
    Navel

Helix

Smiley

"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental
    - like on a breeze,but I, I think maybe it's both.
    Maybe both is happening at the same time." -Forrest Gump-

It's a choice and it should be well considered before you go ahead. Basically it's: without them you can live your life the way you want to; with a kid that stops. However, in the majority of the cases it enriches someone's life to have kids. The only worry I keep having though is that young girls consider having kids as security....to have a house and all the benefits. Having kids is not a career!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Landa View Post
    It's a choice and it should be well considered before you go ahead. Basically it's: without them you can live your life the way you want to; with a kid that stops. However, in the majority of the cases it enriches someone's life to have kids. The only worry I keep having though is that young girls consider having kids as security....to have a house and all the benefits. Having kids is not a career!
    Sorry but I disagree, having a child hasn't stopped me living my life the way I want. Part of my life was wanting to have a child and consideration was taken into that. For someone who wants to wander off and do things that they can't do with a child in tow then yes they wouldn't be able to do those things but then you'd assume that they would wait or not even have kids.

Why do you worry what young girls think when having kids? Not all will do it for a house/benefits, I was kinda young and have never got a house or benefits purely because of my son excluding his disability benefits which are his anyway not mine. I know some people young or old, male or female will have kids to gain security but not all of them do and tbh I don't see why it would worry someone else.

I respect anyones decision to have, not to have or otherwise obtain a child into their family whether by birth, adoption, foster etc. However I don't agree with such sweeping generalisations or that having a child stops your life or prevents you from having one, just as not having doesn't make your life somehow incomplete. It's the same either way but I agree it's sad when people have children for the wrong reasons as resentment can creep in as time goes on leading to poor upbringings.

Quote Originally Posted by tonguetied87 View Post
    Has some of you thought that you never want to have kids but later in life changed your mind?
    I always thought I didn't want kids but as I've got older (not that I'm old lol) I've started to think maybe I do want kids some day. Maybe my boyfriend has affected that as well tbh
    Sorry double post, I never ever wanted to have kids, even as a child myself I couldn't understand the concept of playing mummies and daddies or playing with dolls pretending to feed/look after them. In my teens the idea of being pregnant/giving birth made me feel uncomfortable and I never have liked it when older if people brought their baby or young kids into work. My mind changed or softened a little when my sister had her 1st and I started to give it some consideration, also I was in (what I thought was) a stable relationship, financially sound etc so we decided to give it a go and I was pregnant 1st time of trying. It didn't scare or worry me as it all felt very natural.

I still don't see myself as very maternal in all honesty lol! I still don't like other people's kids, they grate on me, if someone brings their baby near me I'll have a peek but I don't fuss or want to hold them. When my son was little I didn't harp on about every shit, fart or burp he did like some mothers I know, I've never understood it. Yes having a child is lovely and a personal achievement but popping a kid out isn't something rare at the end of the day, I sometimes feel some mothers think it's something they should be commended for especially those I know with lots and lots of kids (I know 2 ladies who both have 7 kids).

I am not however of the mindset that people will always change their mind, I knew a few people one a close friend who knew all along she would never want them, she's in her late 40's now, never had them and never regretted it despite family saying she would.

I'm pretty sure I don't want any more though, my son is 8, I am not even a year our of a 12 year relationship, only been with my bf since the start of the year so I'd want to have been with him for a few years really but by which time I will be heading into my mid-late 30's and I'm not sure I would want a baby when I'm pushing 40....not to say it can't be done but I'll have a teenager with ASD on my hands at the same time.
    Last edited by Boo; 08-12-2012 at 05:14 PM.

I don't think I'd have kids by choice, I just don't think I'm the parenting type. If I found myself in a situation where I'd gotten somebody pregnant then of course I'd do the right thing and try to give them the best life possible. I'd want a girl though as I had two brothers growing up, my mum has two brothers, my dad has two brothers... there is a distinct shortage of girls in my family!

I'm unsure on this subject. Some days I am certain I dont want kids,other days I do. I dont know what I would do if I was pregnant now. It was destroy my whole career.
    I've seen children who were unwanted, and the way they were treated was absolutely awful. I would never bring a child into this world and treat it as though it's their fault my life is over