Thread: Kids v No Kids

My answer certainly has changed from what it was 3 years ago when I first posted in here! Up until very recently, I did think I would have a couple kids, although not until I was at least 25 (though more likely to be 30). However, one of the huge things that has changed for me in the past few months is the realization that I will probably never want/have children. As much as I think some kids are awesome, I can't imagine going through pregnancy and child birth, let alone actually raising a child. When it comes down to it, I don't think I can be selfless enough to devote my entire life to one being. It sounds awful, but I'd simply rather not.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    ...I don't think I can be selfless enough to devote my entire life to one being. It sounds awful, but I'd simply rather not.
    Not awful at all, it's honest and the way you feel. It's a shame people are made to feel bad for not wanting children, or for having them or having too few/too many etc. I don't see anything wrong with someone not feeling they can have kids tbh!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks, Hazel. I actually know quite a few people who feel the same as I do, but so many people seem baby crazy that I feel like it's weird I don't have much of an interest in raising a child. I'd much rather have fur babies instead. :p
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I find people who are baby crazy a bit weird tbh, they're often the type who think having 1 is cruel lol, people are strange
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm not such a big fan of kids. Definitely don't want any of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by venicemayer View Post
    In every marriage the couple hope to have kids soon so they can call it a complete family.
    I think a lot of married people would disagree with that!
    Hiya - I'm Emma!

Piercings: lobes x 3, Tragus, Helix, Navel, Conch, Sternum Microdermals x 2, VCH, Central Labret, Forward Helix

Tattoos: Stars on inner forearm, Rat on inner ankle, Dotwork Star Mandala on shoulder & Lotus/Butterfly on hip

http://www.facebook.com/emmalsims

I personally would only have children if I found the right partner to make a family with and, of course, once I have a home for that child to live in. I remember my mum telling that she never wanted children until she met my dad.
    Current Piercings:
    6mm Lobe + Scaffold/Industrial (Left Ear), 2mm Lobe (Right Ear), Right Nostril, Tongue (centre) and Navel.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    My answer certainly has changed from what it was 3 years ago when I first posted in here! Up until very recently, I did think I would have a couple kids, although not until I was at least 25 (though more likely to be 30). However, one of the huge things that has changed for me in the past few months is the realization that I will probably never want/have children. As much as I think some kids are awesome, I can't imagine going through pregnancy and child birth, let alone actually raising a child. When it comes down to it, I don't think I can be selfless enough to devote my entire life to one being. It sounds awful, but I'd simply rather not.
    I've gone through that same thought process too, I thought I wanted them for so so long... and possibly have like 5 kids! :p But after about a few years, (mostly this year) I've been thinking, I'm too selfish to care for a child, I don't want a child. I really rather wouldn't either. I'd like to have a relaxing life, less stress free than with having to look after a kid/kids. Me and mine are luckily of the same mindset, hopefully we don't argue about it in the future when we are really settled in though, because I REALLY REALLY don't want a child.

On the same note, me and dbf want to raise fur babies and maybe even a farm in the far future. MAYBE a farm... or maybe just lotsa fur babies.

I like other people's children. Especially my nephew and Godson.But throughout my life I have never had the inclination to have children myself. As it goes I have PCOS which would make it harder to conceive, never mind the fact that I'm gay and I find the whole turkey basting idea slightly disturbing. No one has ever really sat down and talked to me about this seriously until recently when my step dad asked if it upset me that the likely hood of me carrying a child is slim. Honestly I'd never really given it a second thought until then. I know I don't want children of my own but it is slightly daunting to think that it's not really a possibility for me. It would have to be the responsibility of my future partner if that's something we both wanted.
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

no kids